Urethane Spring Seats - possible source found

You won't find them at the parts store. The white isolator in the pic above, (for the front LS shock), was made by Monroe. Not only will it not work with Jag springs,,, it was discontinued years ago. Probably due to low demand,
(imagine that:rolleyes:)?

Unless maybe another aftermarket parts manufacturer has started making them again... but I doubt it.

Jag does sell the black one in the pic above... but you're going to have to call a Jag dealer to figure out what the part is called, and what the part number is... and to do that... you are going to need a VIN numbrr from a 2002 Jag S-Type.

You won't find them at the parts store. The white isolator in the pic above, (for the front LS shock), was made by Monroe. Not only will it not work with Jag springs,,, it was discontinued years ago. Probably due to low demand,
(imagine that:rolleyes:)?

Unless maybe another aftermarket parts manufacturer has started making them again... but I doubt it.

Jag does sell the black one in the pic above... but you're going to have to call a Jag dealer to figure out what the part is called, and what the part number is... and to do that... you are going to need a VIN numbrr from a 2002 Jag S-Type.
I can use the rear ones from the LS on the Jag springs right? But I need to source the front ones from an actual Jaguar right? I have read so much on this my mind is gone now lol I know I most likely got that wrong....

And if you call Jag and tell them you need a spring isolator... the will most likely try to sell you the flat disc for $2.51 ... and that is not what you need.

I can use the rear ones from the LS on the Jag springs right? But I need to source the front ones from an actual Jaguar right? I have read so much on this my mind is gone now lol I know I most likely got that wrong....

Imagine how I felt when I did all the research to verify the Jag springs and Bilstein shocks would work.

Yes... you can reuse the rears from the LS for the Jag springs. Be very gentle with them when you pull them off the old shocks. If the shocks arent rusty... then it should be fairly easy.

And no... you do not need to souce the fronts from a Jaguar. You can source another used pair of LS rear shocks... and use the isolators from them.

Then you will have 4 matching isolators... for 4 Jaguar springs that have the same diameter at the bottom.

Imagine how I felt when I did all the research to verify the Jag springs and Bilstein shocks would work.

Yes... you can reuse the rears from the LS for the Jag springs. Be very gentle with them when you pull them off the old shocks. If the shocks aren't rusty... then it should be fairly easy.

And no... you do not need to source the fronts from a Jaguar. You can source another used pair of LS rear shocks... and use the isolators from them.

Then you will have 4 matching isolators... for 4 Jaguar springs that have the same diameter at the bottom.
Yeah, I can feel some of that pain for sure on the research you did. I have pretty much been sitting on a computer since yesterday looking for these dang things.
Can you also source the front ones if I got new oem rear ones from Jaguar?

Or again... you can call a Jag dealer and get 4 of the black ones in the pic above. But again... you may need a VIN from a 2002 S-Type.

At the time it seemed easier to get 2 rear LS shocks from a junkyard and strip them.

The lower LS isolators have a slightly lower profile than the Jag isolators. That's why I used 4 rear LS isolators.

Can you also source the front ones if I got new oem rear ones from Jaguar?

Not sure what your question is. The Jag used the same lower isolator on all 4 corners. Since you sre putting new Jag springs on all 4 corners of the LS... all 4 Jag isolators should be the same part number.

Instead of using a VIN from a Jag S-Type... you could call or visit a Jag dealer... and tell them you need the lower spring seats for the Jag spring part numbers that were discussed in the suspension thread.

Show them the black isolator in the pic above... so it becomes clear exactly what you are looking for.

Not sure what your question is. The Jag used the same lower isolator on all 4 corners. Since you sre putting new Jag springs on all 4 corners of the LS... all 4 Jag isolators should be the same part number.

Instead of using a VIN from a Jag S-Type... you could call or visit a Jag dealer... and tell them you need the lower spring seats for the Jag spring part numbers that were discussed in the suspension thread.

Show them the black isolator in the pic above... so it becomes clear exactly what you are looking for.
I actually just found a contact I had for a Jaguar dealer and emailed the picture of what I need and told them what it was and hopefully they will let me know the correct part number and I can post it here for all.

And just to be clear... so that anyone reading this thread at this point understands...

The parts Dale is trying to source... will NOT work on the front shocks of an LS !!!

And just to be clear... so that anyone reading this thread at this point understands...

The parts Dale is trying to source... will NOT work on the front shocks of an LS !!!
It's a no go on that from my Contact. They are saying the only way to get the spring seat is to buy a new Rear OEM spring that has it listed such as this...

ROAD SPRING & SEAT, NON-ADAPTIVE DAMPING, TO VIN (M45254)
XR811174-Spring-1c.jpg

I may just have to give these guys a shot on the one someone said they had used.
Universal Coil Spring Isolators | Style A | 9.6104

And those from Energy wont support the bottom of the spring properly... because they are FLAT

IF you look closely at the bottom of the springs on your LS... you will see that the OEM white nylon isolator/seat has a SPIRAL taper to it.

That spiral taper is designed to support the bottom of the spring properly. it spreads the load across the first full wrap of the coil spring.

A flat spring seat will put all the load on the very bottom tail of the spring, which will lead to fatigue and bending/breakage.

THIS is why I keep telling you and others... that you need to re-use the rear isolators from the LS... and source 2 more rear used shocks from a junkyard LS... and pull the isolators from them to use with the front Jag springs on the new Bilstein shocks.

Now maybe you will believe me, (shrug)

And as stated in the suspension thread... only one out of 4 coil springs came with an isolator.

PLUS... as I stated before... the Jag isolators are slightly taller than the LS version... so it wouldn't be a good idea to mix and match.

And as stated in the suspension thread... only one out of 4 coil springs came with an isolator.

PLUS... as I stated before... the Jag isolators are slightly taller than the LS version... so it wouldn't be a good idea to mix and match.
I am trying to source 4 rear used ones right now. I am emailing junkyards and I am sure I will have better luck that way. And I knew that the others were flat I just wanted to find new seats is all. I know I will end up with used ones so no big deal long as they all match up. I also put a phone call into the place I got the rear shocks from and they are going to call Bilstein and see if they can come up with a solution. She also said something about it coming with the seat so maybe they updated their shocks (I doubt it but you never know...)

Last edited:
I hate to say it but... (you know whst I'm going to say).

Just try to find some rust free shocks to get them from... and be gentle when removing the isolators from the shocks. The LS ones don't like rough treatment. Don't know about the Jag versions... cause when I sourced mine I didn't look for used Jag isolators.

There's a junkyard near me that has an S-Type... (and multiple LSes), but it's closed due to Covid. I don't see it opening anytime soon... cause the guy isn't hurting for $.

Just don't mix and match LS and Jag lower isolators, (lower spring seat). While either will work... they are slightly different.

I hate to say it but... (you know whst I'm going to say).

Just try to find some rust free shocks to get them from... and be gentle when removing the isolators from the shocks. The LS ones don't like rough treatment. Don't know about the Jag versions... cause when I sourced mine I didn't look for used Jag isolators.

There's a junkyard near me that has an S-Type... (and multiple LSes), but it's closed due to Covid. I don't see it opening anytime soon... cause the guy isn't hurting for $.

Just don't mix and match LS and Jag lower isolators, (lower spring seat). While either will work... they are slightly different.
That is what I am trying to do I have been calling the junkyards around and seeing if any of them will sell me 4. I had one try to charge me like $200 for used ones so hopefully, it doesn't come down to something like that.

Keep in mind you already have 2 isolators on the rear of the LS now... that can be re-used.

So you only need 2 more rear shock from a donor LS... not 4.
Yeah, but since my rear shocks just got replaced and have new mounts. I am trying to do my best not to have to go that route so I can sell someone the rear ones ready to install. But if it comes down to it I will for sure use my rear ones.

Members online

Back