cost to supercharge?

91 LSC SE

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
There is a person in my area selling a 97 with 89K miles asking $11775 ($16KCAD) and the M8 needs paint. I think that is too expensive, no?

I checked ebay and found superchargers for 3k to 5K. How much to install and tune? i know our cars have b heads and need c heads for SC.

There are also pullouts with the 4.6 w/6 speed for $10500, and the Coyote w/6 speed but hear these are tougher to install in the M8. This would be my choice. I have been looking for a 6 speed for years and one supercharged would be sweet!

These was just a quick search on ebay, as I haven't researched the cost of SC before. Again I know you have to also buy new "C" heads as our "B" heads won't work with a SC:
Kenne Bell 1996-1998 Ford Mustang Cobra 4.6L Supercharger 2.1 Complete Kit | eBay

Kenne Bell 1996-1998 Ford Mustang Cobra 4.6L Supercharger 2.1 Complete Kit | eBay

I take it you mean positive displacement superchargers because B heads will work with any centrifugal supercharger or turbo kit.

This supercharger you linked to can be used with the B heads, it's advertised for the 96-98 Cobra which uses the same heads as the Mark. However, it isn't ideal because it doesn't have an intercooler and fabricating one for this application can be a pain, or so I've read. No intercooler can result in high IATs unless you involve methonal injection or some other method to cool down the temps.

The C heads are necessary for the Eaton M112 that has an intercooler mounted underneath the SC unit and for other positive displacement manufacturers, but they require quite a bit of work to get them to mount. Not exactly a plug & play swap.

Because of this, centrifugal superchargers like Vortech or Paxton are the usual route most Marks tend to go.

I take it you mean positive displacement superchargers because B heads will work with any centrifugal supercharger or turbo kit.

This supercharger you linked to can be used with the B heads, it's advertised for the 96-98 Cobra which uses the same heads as the Mark. However, it isn't ideal because it doesn't have an intercooler and fabricating one for this application can be a pain, or so I've read. No intercooler can result in high IATs unless you involve methonal injection or some other method to cool down the temps.

The C heads are necessary for the Eaton M112 that has an intercooler mounted underneath the SC unit and for other positive displacement manufacturers, but they require quite a bit of work to get them to mount. Not exactly a plug & play swap.

Because of this, centrifugal superchargers like Vortech or Paxton are the usual route most Marks tend to go.
Thanks some great information here! Appreciate you taking the time!!

Find one for sale like you want. They go cheap compared to the cost and headache of doing it yourself. Especially from your post I can see you dont know much about it

Find one for sale like you want. They go cheap compared to the cost and headache of doing it yourself. Especially from your post I can see you dont know much about it
Yes, supercharging is new to me. I did find one that was supercharged and he is asking 16K CAD and the car needs paint! See my post with links. So not always cheaper and that is the only one in Canada that is supercharged currently for sale. Its always easy to learn!

Members online

No members online now.
Back