forskining gen 1

smegun

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
yea i got the forscan app up on win 10 laptop but im wondering where the beef is concerning module preferences there appears to be the modules but not very many options the options are in two module addendums for simple changes like oil time left .... what i was hoping to see was more options lists in each modules .... anyone to give feedback will help concerning gen 1

like ive backed up modules but there only 1k in length which makes me believe there are problems with capturing the files for re load in case of emergency ....

well ive got my extended license for my 3 month trial but im wondering if i should of used another version as there are no options or details im not sure i can even use this to diagnose more complex issues related to fuel trims anyway if you have a gen 1 tell me what is going on in preferences

absgeek.jpg

cfggeek.jpg

oillifeMCUSERgeek.jpg

eatgeek.jpg

yea i got the forscan app up on win 10 laptop but im wondering where the beef is concerning module preferences there appears to be the modules but not very many options the options are in two module addendums for simple changes like oil time left .... what i was hoping to see was more options lists in each modules .... anyone to give feedback will help concerning gen 1

like ive backed up modules but there only 1k in length which makes me believe there are problems with capturing the files for re load in case of emergency ....

well ive got my extended license for my 3 month trial but im wondering if i should of used another version as there are no options or details im not sure i can even use this to diagnose more complex issues related to fuel trims anyway if you have a gen 1 tell me what is going on in preferences

View attachment 828574480

View attachment 828574481

View attachment 828574482

View attachment 828574483
Forscan is really based on Model more than make...F-150 F-250 F-350 has many more options and features that can be used by Forscan ...you need to Google the Forscan Forum and research, research, research and the research so.e more in order to learn how to run this program...

gotcha yea im keeping pieces in my notes ... i managed to get some pids to look at during real time test there are a lot of those to work out like ill be going for some short term and long term ratios on lean to rich kind of things i need to find out what i can expect from a backup first like im looking at empty cupboards ...a lot to say about the address and changes to the type assembly like the brain knows what to do about the number changes there may be no borland 5 type exceptions script for the changes but the ability may be there i just want to be sure about these file lengths on backup noted the download tools for as built data as in load profile .... i want to find out if i had any mismatch components as i heard errors can come from replacement parts that are not factory flashed as built looking for the serials if they didnt transfer it down in the scripts then im really cross referencing on changeable data and or shooting my self in the foot

My 2014 Fusion has dozens of module config lines. My 02 LS has as few as my 97 Taurus did. I take it to mean there simply isn't much to alter. Makes sense: more crude computers, no actual export, less bus usage, very few changes between trims, etc. Its nice for V6 owners that don't have the message center to change settings like autolocks and easy entry

like a cfg file or ini that is picked up befor i need to look at the hex at least maybe it can be done by changing a few entrys there might not be enough memory for module breakdowns

so im looking at a sct x3 at the pawn dealer but good thing i didnt impulse buy there system locks in one profile at a time and is only good for 5 changes and you have to send it in to have em clear them and they get stuck if the original tune isnt returned to the car the x4 shows more promise with being able to reset the device dont see a solution the tuners have done the assembly evidently i asked sct if there was a workaround to being able to work with the unit to incriment rather than just flash ....

if i look at the asbuilt data in the asbuilt data browser there is the string but not sure if i can edit if i knew what the spreadsheet for the module was then there might be some angle

Members online

No members online now.
Back