Re&Re - Wiper Arm Shaft Cowl Seal

my cowl is def warped a bit near the wiper shaft. I ran a bead of marine grade silicone(gasket friendly of course) and it def fixed the problem. Im going to have to remove it again and re seal it when my order of wiper motor fluid hose and elbows get here. Were about to have a big rain fall for about a week so this is just temporary but it def fixed the issue.

Had a huge rainfall last night and constant rain today as well. I popped open my hood and not a single drop of water or condensation in my engine bay. Pretty happy camper right now.

Is this fix just for Gen 2? I checked the part number and Ford Parts Giant says that part does not fit my 2002 Gen 1.

Is this fix just for Gen 2? I checked the part number and Ford Parts Giant says that part does not fit my 2002 Gen 1.

I put one on my 02 and it matched up exactly with the rotting seal that I picked off (and seems to have stopped the leaking, at least to point of not causing noticeable misfires...)

Last edited:
So this same part number should work for a Gen 1 V8?

Yes, used that number for my 02. One sitting on ebay $10 shipped right now. I'd like to find an equivalent foam that can be cut to fit in the future when this part disappears

Members online

Back