Advice for front struts.

LunaEros

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
The "strut plates" apparently have gone bad on my 02 Sport according to the mechanic and it doesn't surprise me since the struts are the only part of the front supension that haven't been replaced.
I've read on here that Monroes are useless. I was thinking about getting KYBs. But want to know is there anyplae that sells the complete strut assemblies for LSes? Strut/Spring/Isolators/Mounts?

Check here. There's a few other threads on here somewhere too. Always better to have more options

The "strut plates" apparently have gone bad on my 02 Sport according to the mechanic and it doesn't surprise me since the struts are the only part of the front supension that haven't been replaced.
I've read on here that Monroes are useless. I was thinking about getting KYBs. But want to know is there anyplae that sells the complete strut assemblies for LSes? Strut/Spring/Isolators/Mounts?
Ebay ...a place in Keller Texas sells gently used all seal coated MotorCraft Shock absorbers mounted complete and even the 4 bolts are in the proper polarity ...easy swap in and out
Screenshot_20200528-175412_eBay.jpg

Keller? That must be the LS guy I bought the rear wing from. I like how they're complete but I'm a little leery of certain parts used though. Struts and shocks are one of them.

Keller? That must be the LS guy I bought the rear wing from. I like how they're complete but I'm a little leery of certain parts used though. Struts and shocks are one of them.
Agreed...used parts are always buy at own risk FWIW based on my own personal experience with this company I was very pleased and impressed with there quality

I agree that some things should be bought new...but as we have all found out ..not alwt an option with the ls. The used set of got from an 02 were in amazing shape and are quite nice...only new option I know of that is decent apparently, is the setup you can get from strut masters.

The only reason why I suggested the S-Type stuff was because Bilstein still make them & you can get new parts, if you want

I would like Bilsteins but can you get them in a complete assembly like the used ones in the pic Dutch posted above from that place in Texas?

Not sure, but worth checking out either way. The used parts outta Keller will be cheaper though

I like Sachs shocks on my 04 LS. Have two to three sets of Monroes. The Monroes were a little to weak for long term. The Sach have a off road boots installed on the shock tube sealed with tie wraps and silicone and the top boot attached to the top bump absorber. The shaft is lubricated by 1 -2 oz. Nanolub engine oil additive. The Sachs shocks been in there around 120k or so with good operation. The rear hydra bushings have Nanolub grease in the them as well when the rear oem set of control arm were replaced also with good long term results.

20200603_083430.jpg

How about Gabrial struts. Have anyone used these? If so, are they firm like the Sport trim, or soft like the regular suspension?
2000 LINCOLN LS Gabriel Ultra Shocks and Struts G51756

I myself am going with a good set of used from the guy in Keller, TX. He's giving me a decent deal for 2 complete low mileage excellent condition strut assemblies for the Sport.

Summit also has KYB Excel-Gs which are supposed to be pretty good if you're looking for struts too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back