More help please..fml

Califaz805

LVC Member
Reaction score
(boring stuff here) K so i didn't take advice on changing out all plastics in cooling system on a 06 ls..changed out lower radiator hose a week ago, degas bottle about 2 months ago and now upper radiator hose has a leak..I really need some help here now..

Trying to find the right hose/part number here on 2006 ls.. picture attached is what comes up online..my only other question is can leak problems point to some other bigger problem? Like maybe car was overheating and then the pressure is what caused the leak? I'm no mechanic so i could really use some help..

Screenshot_20200511-171219_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Also i just found out that coolant capacity is close to 12l..I've only ever gotten about 8 (2 gal)..i bought car with universal antifreeze in it and that's what i have used..is it possible that something is gummed up? I didn't know that was possible and just found out..

(boring stuff here) K so i didn't take advice on changing out all plastics in cooling system on a 06 ls..changed out lower radiator hose a week ago, degas bottle about 2 months ago and now upper radiator hose has a leak..I really need some help here now..

Trying to find the right hose/part number here on 2006 ls.. picture attached is what comes up online..my only other question is can leak problems point to some other bigger problem? Like maybe car was overheating and then the pressure is what caused the leak? I'm no mechanic so i could really use some help..

View attachment 828574123

after- draining the cooling system, replace the part there. you replace/install that part -I have found its crucial to blead 3 or 4 times after replenishing coolant.
In other words you must get that air outta there. the correct way is on u tube but repeat bleeding 3 or four times ...
My next thought would be check thermostat.
next step would be, where im at with cooling fan isssue.
good luck theres hope

View attachment 828574123
REPLACE YOUR COOLING SYSTEM - 2004 Fun and Easy Steps

K so i didn't take advice on changing out all plastics in cooling system

That is, not everyone can afford the entire coolant system + keeping up with w/e else the LS likes to throw at ya. So I do it 1 at a time. But thats not advice, you should do it all. But personally, I've given up on the LS after this one (my third). I don't care what happens to this car.

As much as I love the LS, I hate it equally because of its problems. If I had boat loads of $$ sitting around, I'd gut the frickin thing and do an LS1 swap or Coyote swap. It CAN be done, you need a lot of money and time. Custom PCM, custom cluster, etc..

Last edited:
Factory OEM part # should be....

3W4Z-8260-BC

It's only $6 more than the junk aftermarket Amazon part... at FPG.

Don't use any aftermarket parts that have plastic in them. You'll be changing them twice as often. You can probably get away with using hoses that are all rubber though.

Just don't use worm drive style clamps. They wont hold up. Use the factory "spring style" clamps... like came on the vehicle.

Members online

No members online now.
Back