Bags won't go back up

LotsOfBirds

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 97 Mark VIII that was put back to bags and has worked fine for almost 2 years. I converted it to 4.5 lugs and tried to lower the car by the ride height sensors. Switch in trunk flipped off, car lifted and sensors raised. But now the car won't go up, the pump comes on and runs for its auto time. During my attempts to sort this out, the Check Air Ride System would read out and sometimes it would not. I have raised and lowered the sensors in hopes to get something but no hope.

Update if anyone is reading. I played with it again today and found out that the pump is building and holding pressure. But the valves are not opening. I have done the reset several times and also swapped the relays with a spare and the ABS but still nothing. I am not about to convert to the coils and springs. I really need help I love this car, and hate to see it sit in the shop.

Back with a new issue, the driver front wont go down. I swapped sensors left to right and nothing, passenger is where I want it, but driver wont do anything. removed the sensor but left is plugged in so it would be fully extended and nothing, fully compressed it and nothing. I am losing it with this car.

Start searching for a tester
20200501_213323.jpg

you do not want the ones with a card.
you want exactly what Slow has there.
thats what i have.

I have checked the wires form front to back and also replaced the front left air valve, I have found a tester for $160 but don't know if it works. Don't want to spend the money if it does not work, but also need to take the risk. Going to buy it tonight.

You move the sensor down so that the system can think the sensors are stretched beyond "normal" and it'll deflate to "go back to normal".

If you move the sensor up the system will think the car is slammed and jack up the Mark by inflating the bags. Terrible ride quality like this! Oof!

The rear sensor can slide around once you loosen it's nut, the front sensors will need a hole drilled to accommodate them.

How to Lower the Lincoln Mark VIII Suspension Sensor

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back