2005 ls overheating at idle

#Jeff504lsv8

LVC Member
Reaction score
My first ls I got the car with overheating problems changed water pump radiator Degas bottle pulled vacuum to bleed air out of system ran great for about a week lol now it wants to over heat at idle so I pulled the thermostat out just to see if that was my problem it change anything it will around 210 an fan is not coming on low or fast I just noticed that going what controls the fan or how can I jump to see if the fan is bad Thanks

If your AC works, then the fan will come on when you turn the AC on. This is not your problem. Your problem is the same one that almost all of us have been through. ALL the plastic cooling system parts must be changed!
GenII LS8 Cooling System Overhaul

If your AC works, then the fan will come on when you turn the AC on. This is not your problem. Your problem is the same one that almost all of us have been through. ALL the plastic cooling system parts must be changed!
AC works but fan isn't coming on yesterday it was on high but temp kept climbing

Did you do the correct bleed procedure? I've done it a couple times with small hairline leaks in the system..(not knowing obviously)..one thing i noticed is if coolant isn't streaming from the bleeder hose then you probably have a small crack in system somewhere..also try sticking your finger past fan guard to spin the fan and see if it moves freely..(hopefully with the car off)

Did you do the correct bleed procedure? I've done it a couple times with small hairline leaks in the system..(not knowing obviously)..one thing i noticed is if coolant isn't streaming from the bleeder hose then you probably have a small crack in system somewhere..also try sticking your finger past fan guard to spin the fan and see if it moves freely..(hopefully with the car off)
I have the bleeding tool for the compressor to vacuum the air out it

Oh ok..only thing i would try is opening the bleeder hose with the car warmed up a little to see if any air got in the system..coolant should start spewing out if everything was good

Oh ok..only thing i would try is opening the bleeder hose with the car warmed up a little to see if any air got in the system..coolant should start spewing out if everything was good
still can't anything out of the bleeder valve every now and then some water will come then stop the fav comes on when AC is on stays around 177 degrees remember I don't have a to thermostat in it Right not soon as I turn the AC off the won't kick back on an it will start to over heat

Where can I find the water pump with the metal impeller or part number the one I just put in 2 weeks ago is already spining on the shaft junk

So the fact it was fine and its doing it again, could suggest you have a small leak again. Likely the 'other' plastics on your LS have allowed air back in. I'm sorry to say, but it is what it is. Joegr said to replace the rest of the plastic. You will unfortunately have to do that.

If you are skeptical about this or have doubts, browse this forum for the many..many many many people who show up here with the exact issue, only to post back later on they had to do the rest of the plastic coolant parts.

Welcome to the Lincoln LS bud! Remember that Ford loves you enough to not recall your problems and charge you up the ass for parts! :D

Lol first Ford I owned probably the last and friend of mine works for Ford he's getting everything to rebuild the coolant system for me probably free lol if it's free it's for me but I do appreciate all the advice from everybody on here

Lol first Ford I owned ...

Let's be clear here. The LS is not Ford. You haven't owned a Ford yet. The LS is way more Jaguar than Ford. It was a joint design between Jaguar and Ford, back when Ford owned Jaguar. It's sister cars were the Jaguar S-Type and the Ford Thunderbird. Most of the current Jaguar models are still on a variation of the DEW98 platform, which started with the LS and the S-type.

Lincoln Ford jaguar Chevy all fucking junk no car or truck are built with quality anymore I got the car for 200 bucks an it's clean so I figured fix an drive am flip it. Don't get all butt hurt dude

Lincoln Ford jaguar Chevy all fucking junk no car or truck are built with quality anymore I got the car for 200 bucks an it's clean so I figured fix an drive am flip it. Don't get all butt hurt dude

I am not hurt or excited.
I am not making any claims about Ford quality or anyone else.
I was only pointing out that the LS is not really a Ford product. Experience with it applies more to the Jaguar brand. This is both positive and negative. I don't understand how you interpret this as some sort of defense of anything or anyone. Personally, I have no love at all for Ford and may never buy a Ford, or another Lincoln. Jaguar remains a distant (but unlikely) possibility.

Anyway, apparently I am unable to communicate clearly with you, so I will stop attempting.

Honestly man, joegr wasn't upset. He's showing that your malcontent to Ford is a bit misdirected as the vehicle is Jaguar in nature. What you are experiencing is Jaguar problems, with Ford's lack of give-a-sh*t.

If you knew that American cars were "all junk", then you really shouldn't have bought one. Especially one that made top 10 lemon list. You didn't do your do diligence and research the car. You spent $200 and expected minor repairs on an old car, one thats discontinued, and is a re-badged Jag.

You're now experiencing what every Jaguar S-type / Thunderbird / LS owner experience(d) and are throwing a tantrum online by calling what everyone here drives "Garbage". You really do seem 'Butt hurt' about it, and understandably I might add.

Maybe next time you buy a car, dont preach your wisdom. Show it by not buying what you consider "Junk".

Where can I find the water pump with the metal impeller or part number the one I just put in 2 weeks ago is already spining on the shaft junk

That's why you don't buy cheap aftermarket parts for the LS. They are junk.

I wont even put cheap aftermarket parts on my 25 year old rusted out F150 with over 200k miles on it.

OEM... Dana/Spicer... Timken... Airtex... Precision... and a few others are it. And I always go USA made if possible.

Cars today aren't junk. How many cars from the 1970's or 1980's do you know of that went 200k miles on the drivetrain, (or the body for that matter)???

Honestly man, joegr wasn't upset. He's showing that your malcontent to Ford is a bit misdirected as the vehicle is Jaguar in nature. What you are experiencing is Jaguar problems, with Ford's lack of give-a-sh*t.

If you knew that American cars were "all junk", then you really shouldn't have bought one. Especially one that made top 10 lemon list. You didn't do your do diligence and research the car. You spent $200 and expected minor repairs on an old car, one thats discontinued, and is a re-badged Jag.

You're now experiencing what every Jaguar S-type / Thunderbird / LS owner experience(d) and are throwing a tantrum online by calling what everyone here drives "Garbage". You really do seem 'Butt hurt' about it, and understandably I might add.

Maybe next time you buy a car, dont preach your wisdom. Show it by not buying what you consider "Junk".
I'm not butt hurt at all man I was just fucking around but pretty much cooling system cheap on these cars

I'm not butt hurt at all man I was just fucking around but pretty much cooling system cheap on these cars

A lot is cheap on these cars, but a lot also isn't. That suspension you're riding on was one of the most expensive Ford mass produced.

The LS is a difficult car to work with. Unfortunate, but also the main reason you were able to buy it so cheap. Price sometimes reflects reliability. Thats why Toyota's always fetch good value used.

Yup... the LS can be a challenge to work on.

The majority of the cooling system parts being plastic... is mostly due to EPA fuel milage mandates... and being less costly than aluminum.

If the LS cooling system were all aluminum... it would have added $2k to the sticker price.

The majority of modern cars on the road today use alot of plastic in the cooling system.

If you want to get away from that... buy a 25 year old vehicle.

Members online

Back