Full Cat delete

98BlackMamba

New LVC Member
Reaction score
New to this site as member but I have years of experience with marks but i have a question that I haven’t gotten a straight answer to. In a couple of years my 98 mark is going to emission exempt in my area and I was wondering about eventually having a free flowing exhaust installed. I'm thinking headers, true duels, x pipe, and maybe some decent sounding mufflers. My question is has anyone ever removed all 3 cats? Every time I try to look it up the only thing I can find is about removing the 3rd cat. Has anyone ever did this type of setup on their mark? Or just removed all 3 cats?

It all comes down to where your power level needs are. I just did a 2.5 SS cat back install and that is reasonably easy to do. The manifold cats is an entirely different story that gets into a lot of time, work & Money. A cat back mod with basic engine mods can get you up to the aprox 325 HP level from what I'v read. This year I'll be posting 0-60 times with each new up grade and mileage figures to boot. Right now, my 97 base with open intake and 2.5 cat back duals gave me an extra 1.5 mpg in town and high way. Interstate cruising at 75-80 is just under 25mpg now where it was 23.4 best before. The exhaust mod is in the How To Articles section.

Members online

No members online now.
Back