98 Mark radio

bhans40

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
In the near past I purchased a totally reconditioned OEM radio for the Mark .....However I'm having problems receiving both AM/FM stations in my location.....We're right in the middle of weak area for receiving signals (between San Diego and Riverside Ca) so I'm wondering if there is some kind of signal amplifier I could install to solve my problem.....Now I do get some stations really good on FM but not a lot of the others on FM.....AM you can forget it nothing but static....Anyone help me out?.......Bruce L. Hansen.....Senior Citizen.....Alive by the Grace of GOD:)

In the near past I purchased a totally reconditioned OEM radio for the Mark .....However I'm having problems receiving both AM/FM stations in my location.....We're right in the middle of weak area for receiving signals (between San Diego and Riverside Ca) so I'm wondering if there is some kind of signal amplifier I could install to solve my problem.....Now I do get some stations really good on FM but not a lot of the others on FM.....AM you can forget it nothing but static....Anyone help me out?.......Bruce L. Hansen.....Senior Citizen.....Alive by the Grace of GOD:)
Well I'm a little surprised as this (my) problem has been posted since Sunday and looked at almost 100 times and NO ONE has had any thoughts on this, not even "forgetta bout it".....I find this strange....So my guessing is my particular problem doesn't amount to a comment.....sad

Maybe because a lot have ditched the stock radios? I did since the knobs on mine with 67K on it were not working properly and the reception sucked. I put in a Boss BN965BLC with back up cam and running it threw the stock amp in my 97, the sound in the stock speakers is excellent with loudness on. I could blow the speaker with bass turned up If cranked up a bit. Very happy with it. The GPS is not the best of course but accurate enough about 85 percent of the time.

Maybe because a lot have ditched the stock radios? I did since the knobs on mine with 67K on it were not working properly and the reception sucked. I put in a Boss BN965BLC with back up cam and running it threw the stock amp in my 97, the sound in the stock speakers is excellent with loudness on. I could blow the speaker with bass turned up If cranked up a bit. Very happy with it. The GPS is not the best of course but accurate enough about 85 percent of the time.
Excellent comment xtriggerman. Thank you.....I would have liked to have stayed with OEM but I see I'll have to go after market to get what I need (better reception)....Thanks again for stepping up, going where others feared to tread ......Bruce L. Hansen.....Senior Citizen.....Alive by the Grace of GOD:):)

I live in an area with good reception on newer cars but I'd still pick up some static but I got sick of commercials and the same 50 or so songs the channels play so I ditched the stock unit and went aftermarket for better quality and Spotify premium on my phone

Hey Bruce, I cannot help with your specific problem, I have never heard of that situation before, but I figured I'd chime in anyway. I have an aftermarket radio in my Lincoln Mark VIII, installed by the previous owner. I still have the stock radio, but cannot get the aftermarket out, so I haven't tried it yet. I plan to this summer, and one of my friends has aftermarket speakers that fit his '96 crown Vic (and hopefully my Mark).

Anyway, the only complaint I have, not sure if it is due to the aftermarket radio or not (I don't think so), is when it is humid or rainy I occasionally get radio static. I think its an electronic thing. Anyway, maybe your issue is not the radio but the antennas in the rear windshield? If it is the windshield, that's expensive :(. Good luck!

P.S. In all of your comments I've seen, you are quite nice and friendly, I appreciate your politeness in this community

Hey Bruce, I cannot help with your specific problem, I have never heard of that situation before, but I figured I'd chime in anyway. I have an aftermarket radio in my Lincoln Mark VIII, installed by the previous owner. I still have the stock radio, but cannot get the aftermarket out, so I haven't tried it yet. I plan to this summer, and one of my friends has aftermarket speakers that fit his '96 crown Vic (and hopefully my Mark).

Anyway, the only complaint I have, not sure if it is due to the aftermarket radio or not (I don't think so), is when it is humid or rainy I occasionally get radio static. I think its an electronic thing. Anyway, maybe your issue is not the radio but the antennas in the rear windshield? If it is the windshield, that's expensive :(. Good luck!

P.S. In all of your comments I've seen, you are quite nice and friendly, I appreciate your politeness in this community

If you have the jbl system the bigger size speakers are 6x8 and I've managed to get 3.5's in the rear tweeter holes

Members online

No members online now.
Back