Powerflex Bushings - Lincoln LS Control Arms

PF is also only including Ptfe silicon lubricant. Said they found it held up better over time than copper antisieze.

I just replaced my rear lower bushings and noticed the swivel outter bushing that bolts to the knuckle. What kind of change can I expect? It seems to me it acts similarly to a ball joint to allow the wheel to turn in on tight cornering.

Now with the pf bushings, doesn’t that aspect go away, thus making the passive toe links a moot point?

I’m a little worried about proper tire alignment and these bushings might prevent the rear toe from being adjusted. The passive link has threads to push on the knuckle but now the knuckle will be unable to move, right?

*BUMP* For all the guys wanting info for the Powerflex Jaguar S-Type Bushings! No more horrible Squeak with these bad boys!

Paving the way....

Yeàrs later finally catchin up

20200326_163058.jpg

Working on replacing a bushing, but due to lack of room, I cannot get this nut off. Any ideas?
15860311124157450145959448429313.jpg

Working on replacing a bushing, but due to lack of room, I cannot get this nut off. Any ideas?View attachment 828573903
You need to hold the bolt with a jaw locking pliers ..a lot of times it will damage the boot on your rear tie rod and you'll have to replace it...just a heads up...I've learned if you live in the midwest and own a Lincoln LS ...whenever replacing suspension parts it's best to do all of them at the same time ...the rust is going to win due to so much salt and brine they lay on our roads in the winter ;)

Just finished putting in the new bushing.
20200406_093638.jpg

Here is the old one, had about 1/4 in of play.
20200404_175736.jpg

Was pleasantly surprised to see this other bushing on the uac.
20200406_093657.jpg
Saves me money and effort.:)

[

20200406_093638.jpg

20200406_093657.jpg

Well, that was not the bushing that was squeaking, now I need to do the lower arm outer bushing.

Last edited:
Lol . I'm currently in the middle of replacing all my suspension...wish I thought ahead for the pf bushings ...also... jelous of the coil overs

Gosh dang, that was a great initial write up on replacing bushings. So wish a few of you sage LS guys lived near bye so we could hang and work together to keep these Lincolns rolling. This forum is the next best thing.

I went ahead and replaced all the real suspension with FoMoClo parts. Used some other supplier up front and it shows. FoMoCo for the win.

I have a set of corrosion free rear upper and lower control arms and a set of front uppers with the original FoMoCo bushings if anyone is interested in some clean donors. Spent their life in North Carolina.

happy to see this thread still kickin'! While I dont drive my LS a lot, i do monitor the PF bushings for wear, and so far so good. No issues and the car still feels great. Especially with the coilovers though.

So to confirm - a Gen 1, 2000 Lincoln LS V8 (unknown if it's a "sport") uses the 31.5mm Front sway bar bushing NOT the 32.5mm front sway bar bushing, correct?

Also, what coilovers are those? I have been on the phone with KW everyday this week asking for various information on them building a set of coilovers.

Wanted to pop in and add my thanks to @DeviLSh for the great writeup. I recently installed the Powerflex bushings on all four lower control arms at all points (didn't do the uppers). While I was working on them, I confirmed that the sway bar bushings are ok (or at least not squeaky). After finishing and getting 4-wheel alignment, the car handles better than I ever remember it, and all the squeaks, clunks, and thuds were gone.

However, after about a week, I've noticed that I'm getting quite a bit of squeaking again, particularly after the car warms up. The handling is still tight and clean, it's just noise as far as I can tell. Some preliminary googling indicates that this is actually a well known side effect of polyurethane bushings, but I wasn't aware of that going in so I figured I'd mention it here for others to consider.

I've seen a few suggestions in other places about ways to reduce the noise but I haven't tried any yet. I've also seen a couple suggestions for things to do when installing the poly bushings, or with the control arms off the car, but I have no intention of taking things apart again at this point. I'll probably get some silicone spray lubricant and spray things down and see if that helps.

Wanted to pop in and add my thanks to @DeviLSh for the great writeup. I recently installed the Powerflex bushings on all four lower control arms at all points (didn't do the uppers). While I was working on them, I confirmed that the sway bar bushings are ok (or at least not squeaky). After finishing and getting 4-wheel alignment, the car handles better than I ever remember it, and all the squeaks, clunks, and thuds were gone.

However, after about a week, I've noticed that I'm getting quite a bit of squeaking again, particularly after the car warms up. The handling is still tight and clean, it's just noise as far as I can tell. Some preliminary googling indicates that this is actually a well known side effect of polyurethane bushings, but I wasn't aware of that going in so I figured I'd mention it here for others to consider.

I've seen a few suggestions in other places about ways to reduce the noise but I haven't tried any yet. I've also seen a couple suggestions for things to do when installing the poly bushings, or with the control arms off the car, but I have no intention of taking things apart again at this point. I'll probably get some silicone spray lubricant and spray things down and see if that helps.
how did the spray help?

Members online

Back