Coolant woes once again...Sigh

Glad I've never had any cooling system problems besides the t-stat housing leaking. That's been replaced a while ago. Just got a coolant flush at the lincoln dealership I work at the other day, good to know I dont have any leaks or issues with the cooling system components scince my bleeder valve bleeds out the coolant just fine.

Glad I've never had any cooling system problems besides the t-stat housing leaking. That's been replaced a while ago. Just got a coolant flush at the lincoln dealership I work at the other day, good to know I dont have any leaks or issues with the cooling system components scince my bleeder valve bleeds out the coolant just fine.
It's good you're keeping clean antifreeze in your system and keeping up on the parts...the LS is a great car if you take care of the cooling system ...it's nice that you have the luxury of working at a dealership...hopefully you can get a discount on things ...

It's good you're keeping clean antifreeze in your system and keeping up on the parts...the LS is a great car if you take care of the cooling system ...it's nice that you have the luxury of working at a dealership...hopefully you can get a discount on things ...
My moms mkt ecoboost needed a new tourque converter and front and rear pads and rotors and I got them a HUGE discount on the parts and labor. Plus gotten myself nice discounts on filters, oil changes and other parts for my ls.

Guess I spoke too soon, my car is overheating for no apparent reason now. Dont think there's any air in the system as when I open the bleeder it comes out as a nice steady stream of coolant, I did notice though that there might be air in the system or the coolant is just boiling beacause there seems to be a ton of bubbles rising to the top in the degas bottle. Sooooo I have now idea what's going on and of course I might have a hard time getting it into the lincoln dealer I work at with all this fricken BLOWN WAY OUT OF PROPORTION covid-19 virus.

Guess I spoke too soon, my car is overheating for no apparent reason now. Dont think there's any air in the system as when I open the bleeder it comes out as a nice steady stream of coolant, I did notice though that there might be air in the system or the coolant is just boiling beacause there seems to be a ton of bubbles rising to the top in the degas bottle. Sooooo I have now idea what's going on and of course I might have a hard time getting it into the lincoln dealer I work at with all this fricken BLOWN WAY OUT OF PROPORTION covid-19 virus.
It might not be apparent...but there is certainly a reason ...9 times out of 10 air is getting into the system either through cracked coolant parts( micro-cracks do happen ) or your water pump stopped working...I doubt its the latter of the two problems ...and we don't know how serious this plague is quite yet ...but there is a old saying we learned from history..."Better to be safe than Sorry" " Those who don't remember History are condemned to relive it"

What is the temperature at when you hook it up to Forscan?

When did you change our your Thermostat?

I don't have forscan and I'm not sure if the thermostat has ever been replaced.
How does your plastic look? When was all your plastic cooling system parts changed? If you dont have any idea when your plastic was changed out ...start there first and do a full rebuild...that way you will have a record and some sort of indicator of how old it is ...the best thing you can do if you own a Lincoln LS is change out the plastic right away

Well I've changed out the t stat housing twice, and I just did that a few months ago so it shouldn't be that. I guess I will half to change out some cooling parts.

Well I've changed out the t stat housing twice, and I just did that a few months ago so it shouldn't be that. I guess I will half to change out some cooling parts.
With the factory one, or one of the known problematic aftermarket ones?
Yes, you are no exception. We all have to change out ALL of the cooling system parts.

I had to open my system up as well to replace one of the plastic parts. The funny part is the part I ended up having to change was not bad only problem ended up being was that one of the bolts was loose. And now after opening the system I have the air bubbles (I kinda figured something stupid was the cause as the whole coolant system was replaced in the last 2 years). After working on that car most of this day I have decided to have it professionally done come Monday if the dang thing does not burp out over the weekend. I think it's time to invest in that vacuum kit that can suck the air out of the system in the near future. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good one?

Edit: I finally got lucky and now have full heat on any setting that I try. I'm not seeing any bubbles and I now see a constant flow. Gonna repeat the process in the morning and I most likely am done. But I am still interested in what I said above to make the future coolant system maintenance easier.

Last edited:
I had to open my system up as well to replace one of the plastic parts. The funny part is the part I ended up having to change was not bad only problem ended up being was that one of the bolts was loose. And now after opening the system I have the air bubbles (I kinda figured something stupid was the cause as the whole coolant system was replaced in the last 2 years). After working on that car most of this day I have decided to have it professionally done come Monday if the dang thing does not burp out over the weekend. I think it's time to invest in that vacuum kit that can suck the air out of the system in the near future. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good one?

Edit: I finally got lucky and now have full heat on any setting that I try. I'm not seeing any bubbles and I now see a constant flow. Gonna repeat the process in the morning and I most likely am done. But I am still interested in what I said above to make the future coolant system maintenance easier.
What was going on with your cooling system Dale? Good to hear you got it bled properly...
61WsPH60D+L._AC_AA180_.jpg

$131.60

What was going on with your cooling system Dale? Good to hear you got it bled properly...
View attachment 828574859

$131.60
I ended up replacing this because I thought it was cracked or something cause it was spraying coolant out but it turned out one of the screws was completely loose. I went ahead and changed it because the one I had was aftermarket and the new one I got was OEM so figured it was not a bad idea to change.
817ACZ00hCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I think the reason I got lucky and it did not leak until now was because the last guy who changed that part for me used permatex around each side that screwed in.

I ended up replacing this because I thought it was cracked or something cause it was spraying coolant out but it turned out one of the screws was completely loose. I went ahead and changed it because the one I had was aftermarket and the new one I got was OEM so figured it was not a bad idea to change. View attachment 828574860
I think the reason I got lucky and it did not leak until now was because the last guy who changed that part for me used permatex around each side that screwed in.
The O rings work fine for me without Permatex...I have a aftermarket on the LSE...Dayco brand ...paid $12.00 on Rockauto wholesale

Members online

Back