Coolant leak again

joshua

LVC Member
Reaction score
Few months ago i replace new resisvor tank from amazon its leaking again on driver side right behind driver wheel . Need help LS gang!

Aftermarket tanks don't last very long on the LS (some fail on install). You need either the Motorcraft or the Jaguar part. Also, you need to replace any of the rest of the plastic parts on the cooling system that haven't been replaced in the last few years. Ideally, they should always all be replaced at the same time.

I just went through the same thing. The first tank I got developed a very small crack in the web at the bottom of the tank. It only leaked under pressure. I got the Dorman brand replacement from O'Reilly, and it was way thicker in that area. I expect this one to last a lot longer.

I just went through the same thing. The first tank I got developed a very small crack in the web at the bottom of the tank. It only leaked under pressure. I got the Dorman brand replacement from O'Reilly, and it was way thicker in that area. I expect this one to last a lot longer.

It may, but not much longer than a few months to a year.

I have a 2000 LS 292 V8. Didn't see the extent of the cracks in the reservoir until I pulled it out. WOW!
Amazon an EBAy, and auto stores were $$$!
Went to a local pull your own part salvage yard and found a 2005 LS reservoir for under $10. Alot less expensive even it doesn't last real long. It's been a couple of months and 1000 miles and it is still working great. You might give it try. Can't hurt.

Members online

No members online now.
Back