heads adnew

smegun

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
can I use a gen 2 head on a gen 1 minus the variable timing and changing the sprocket on the cams ?

can I use a gen 2 head on a gen 1 minus the variable timing and changing the sprocket on the cams ?
I know right away the first gen AJ-V8’s differ significantly. Was reading a Jaguar forum where a guy decided to buy a Lincoln LS motor for his XK8 (he blew something deep in his 4.0 XK8 block), tried using his XK8 heads with the Lincoln LS block, and the heads were slightly different and could not bolt up without modification.

Considering the Lincoln variant is different from the Jags in the same generation, I find it very unlikely that second gen heads would fit on the LS either.

patron hasn't defined phaser removal so its ok im just trying to see what will bolt up easy don't want to send anything out the the head shop yet but im getting close to the point of removing the heads …...

there are two main bolt holes in the motor for the supercharger they want you to contemplate another 15 grand i guess

Members online

No members online now.
Back