Good car?

Damon03Ls

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just got Ls03 185000 parking break message on the owner said replacing tire twice a year iui drive home i coukd barely keep steering wheel stait i visibly see upper tie rod need replace but other that idk was wrong allot play in wheel over 40 mph (scary) all overt the place interstate 74 /30 batterry I'sdone which one is recomend please help also she said they bypass the compressor because of wrong part are out didn't fit so on top no a/c thesunroof leaks someone help this YouTube mechanic love my LS

They are great cars, but it sounds like you have one that has been cursed by neglect. You'll be surprised by how much it is going to cost in parts alone to bring back to being good. I just gave away my very worn out 04 at 220+ K miles. Even so, it was still very tight with no play and no uneven or unusual tire wear. It was all original suspension, except for the rear toe links and all the anti-sway bar end links.
I also have an 06 (210K miles), and it still handles great, but the front lower control arms have been replaced, along with the other mentioned parts.

Just got Ls03 185000 parking break message on the owner said replacing tire twice a year iui drive home i coukd barely keep steering wheel stait i visibly see upper tie rod need replace but other that idk was wrong allot play in wheel over 40 mph (scary) all overt the place interstate 74 /30 batterry I'sdone which one is recomend please help also she said they bypass the compressor because of wrong part are out didn't fit so on top no a/c thesunroof leaks someone help this YouTube mechanic love my LS
I'll just confirm what Joegr said, Part prices will kill many attempts at restoring one of these cars. Just look at all of the shiny, straight Garage Queens in the salvage yards (the best place to get many of the parts you'll need). The reason used luxury cars sell for so little. The only reason I keep ours is that it was our late sons dream car, and the only purpose I can find for it is taking it to local car shows (it has 220,000+ miles on it).

Members online

Back