Manual transmission LS probs

LSE_4_LYFE

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Thinking I need new flywheel and clutch. Have no idea where to get them. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have a 00 LS 5speed that after I release clutch car revs high like I'm still in it. Can get up to speed quick. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
20200306_182220.jpg

Thinking I need new flywheel and clutch. Have no idea where to get them. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have a 00 LS 5speed that after I release clutch car revs high like I'm still in it. Can get up to speed quick. Any help will be greatly appreciated. View attachment 828573747

I don't believe that a clutch and flywheel is your issue. You should call me, I am having an issue with mine also that I believe is the same as you and I was just researching it today. Craig 612 718 4031

I don't believe that a clutch and flywheel is your issue. You should call me, I am having an issue with mine also that I believe is the same as you and I was just researching it today. Craig 612 718 4031
someone told me to check the slave. Make sure my clutch was engaging. Which I don't think it is.

Thinking I need new flywheel and clutch. Have no idea where to get them. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have a 00 LS 5speed that after I release clutch car revs high like I'm still in it. Can get up to speed quick. Any help will be greatly appreciated. View attachment 828573747
Is that to say the clutch is not fully engaging (slipping) right away? Mine will slip if I get into it too hard. I just take easy on acceleration, I've been driving it like this for a couple of years now, even though it is not much fun that way. Do the clutch test called out in the shop manual, if the engine does not stall, you are definitely in need of a clutch NOW. Unless it has grooves or rainbows your flywheel is good, don't even bother taking it out. Milehighmikey has experience with Lincoln clutches, so pay heed to what he says, I've only done clutches on primitive cars.

You might have to change the flywheel as it may have been updated. Talk to rockauto and see what they say. It is a dual mass flywheel so it is probably good idea to change it as it may be original.

Ordered sachs clutch from Ebay. Funny thing was when I opened it, it was also a LUK. But this one fit. Flywheel was still good. Got my LS back!!

Members online

Back