Lincoln LS P0402: EGR → Excessive Flow Diagnosis

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
2002 Lincoln LSE V8
I had/have some stalling issues when first putting car in drive while at idle...the check engine light finally popped on and Forscan showed this code...question? What would most likely fix this? Clean EGR first to see if carbon build up has the valve stuck open? Or would it be a sensor ... after clearing the DTC and running the different EGR system checks on Forscan they all say NO FAULTS...Any ideas are appreciated

I think that problem is more often the DPFE and/or the hoses going to it. Anyway, I'd check over it closely.
You can apply vacuum (hand vacuum pump) to the valve while the engine is idling, and it should make a big difference, even stalling the engine. If the difference is minor, then maybe the valve really isn't closing all the way.

I think that problem is more often the DPFE and/or the hoses going to it. Anyway, I'd check over it closely.
You can apply vacuum (hand vacuum pump) to the valve while the engine is idling, and it should make a big difference, even stalling the engine. If the difference is minor, then maybe the valve really isn't closing all the way.
Not sure what was goi g on with the EGR but unattached hose on EGR valve and attached it back on ...the engine is running great and no issues...these cars are so temperamental sometimes

Members online

Back