Blend Door Needed

del7317

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I need a blend door for my 97 Mark VIII, mine has broken where the EATC actuator shaft goes into the blend door. I'm going to try to repair it but would like to find a replacement. It is a lot of work to removed the blend door from the HVAC case. Hoping maybe someone on the forum may know where I can get one.

Thanks
Daryl

If its your upper black plastic actuator arm that's broken, check the How To Articles for the best way to fix it. Replacement arms are long gone from the market and most ones found in junk yards are just that, all ready broken. The reason they brake is it was designed with bad arm movement math. Its all explained in the How To. Good Luck with it.

Actually it is the upper blend door in the hvac case. The door had cracked/split where the EATC shaft goes into. Since the door was ABS plastic I used ABS pipe cement the melt the door hinge part back together. Once it was dry I used a piece of 18 AWG copper wire to reinforce the outside part of the hinge to keep it from splitting apart again and then recoated the entire are with ABS cement (see photo). I was also able to get the door out of the HVAC case without pulling the case from the firewall. The worst part was having to pull the dash completely out to get to the case.

97 Mark VIII upper blend door.JPG

OK, Problem is, if you don't lengthen the operating arm eye to the lower grey control arm, its a good chance something will break again despite all your work. That's why the shaft broke in the first place....

Members online

No members online now.
Back