Flashing Air Bag light.

LunaEros

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My air bag light is flashing the 3-6 code and sure enough the wires going to the yellow plug under the driver's seat have pulled out. Does anyone know how to get this damn plug loose so I can reattach the wires? I feel a slide lock on it but it won't come loose. Is there something I have to press too? I can't see it well enough to figure it out and the wiring diagram manual isn't any help with that. Though it does say what it's for. It's a side air bag sensor which explains why Forscan is showing the car throwing a side air bag code.
If anyone has a picture or something that would be awesome.

Not a sensor, it's an actual airbag in the side of the seat.
If the 1st gen is like the 2nd gen, then yes you do have to press/squeeze on it at the right spot to release it.

According to the Ford Wiring Diagram. the plug goes to the sensor. Maybe the sensor's attached to the air bag? (shrug)
I wish there was a pic of it so I could figure out where to press to release it.

It may be mislabeled. There's no SRS sensor in the driver's seat, unless you count the seat belt buckle switch, but I don't recall that as a yellow connector. Anyway you might try searching youtube for ford underseat airbag connectors. Someone may show disconnecting it. Otherwise, if you look really closely at it, you'll see it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back