Sensor or Asham 8 - anyone have any issues years after install?

91 LSC SE

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

No matter what setting - 1 led or 10, my M8 is raising non stop. Even if I jack the front off the ground, which should vent the bags, it still turns the compressor on to inflate. Seems like the right side more. I think it is the sensor sending a false reading.

Thoughts?

Checked the Asham 8 wiring and removed the front right height sensor wire #8 (white wire on 2nd gens) and it stopped raising the front to the max height setting. I switched the left and right sensor inputs to confirm it was not the module. I thought I would see "check air suspension" with the input wire removed and thankfully i didn't. it seems the module keeps the last saved input until it receives another.
I thought of using the left sensor wire for the right as well thinking that the module just reads actual height and makes the adjustments to raise or lower the car as the driver has selected, but didn't want to take a chance damaging module or maybe the left sensor.

My asham still works fine after 12 years or so. You need a starr tester to help diagnose

Members online

No members online now.
Back