HORRIBLE SQUEAKING

Lincoln06V8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My rear suspension is making a TERRIBLE SQUEAK, I'm assuming it's the control arm bushings.

My rear suspension is making a TERRIBLE SQUEAK, I'm assuming it's the control arm bushings.
Spray white lithium grease on the components one ar a time if the squeak goes away you know what it is ...you may have to let the grease sit on the bushings over night in order for the squeak to stop ...start with the lower control arms and work your way around the suspension ...

I have the exact same thing, but I listened and it appears to be coming from the upper control arm, left side.

Last edited:
LMAO NO WAY. I just started having this problem as well. Does it sound like this by any chance?

LMAO NO WAY. I just started having this problem as well. Does it sound like this by any chance?

That is the exact sound I have, and man it sounds terrible. This is just a guess, but the squeak could be a sign your control arm bushings are going out. The reason it started at the same time for all of us could be that we 4 all live in Minnesota or Canada, where it is cold. The squeak could also fjust be a sign of needing some lubrication. Again, this is just a guess, but.... I will go out on Monday and put some lithium grease on it and see if the squeak goes away.

Try watching it now. The cold would make sense though, thanks for the insight.

That is the exact sound I have, and man it sounds terrible. This is just a guess, but the squeak could be a sign your control arm bushings are going out. The reason it started at the same time for all of us could be that we 4 all live in Minnesota or Canada, where it is cold. The squeak could also fjust be a sign of needing some lubrication. Again, this is just a guess, but.... I will go out on Monday and put some lithium grease on it and see if the squeak goes away.
The white lithium grease that I recommended spraying on the suspension components isn't meant to fix the problematic parts ...just to be crystal clear here I suggested the grease so that you can identify which parts are producing the terrible squeak and then replace them accordingly...I hope it works ...if rhe bushings are to far gone (which is usually evident by a visual inspection alone) there will be no amount of white lithium grease that can help you pinpoint the damage

I'll half to try the grease but I'm sure it's the rear control arm bushings

I'm not sure if you saw my comment on the other post but I sprayed WD-40 on every bushing I could see behind my tire and the squeak went away the next day. Didn't feel like spraying one at a time and testing, lmao.

I sprayed WD-40 on every bushing
I would hit it with white lithium grease, or take it apart and put grease on the bushing. WD-40 has a reputation of lubricating for a bit, but then leaving it more "dry" after. WD works better on squeking bolts, not so much bushings. I would try a bushing grease, dont know how well it will work, but is probably worth a shot.

I would hit it with white lithium grease, or take it apart and put grease on the bushing. WD-40 has a reputation of lubricating for a bit, but then leaving it more "dry" after. WD works better on squeking bolts, not so much bushings. I would try a bushing grease, dont know how well it will work, but is probably worth a shot.

That's exactly my findings on wd-40. So many think it is a lubricant, but the emphasis should be on the can't in that word! Noisy car door hinges, it will go away but come back even more dry in a few days!

I had a creaking sound coming from the left rear, applied a good amount of silicone spray to the lower control arm bushing and let the car sit overnight. Cream was gone the next day and I can't returned, that was about a month ago. But am replacing the rear uppers and lowers anyway when it warms up a little, those bushings are telling me it's time.

I had a creaking sound coming from the left rear, applied a good amount of silicone spray to the lower control arm bushing and let the car sit overnight. Cream was gone the next day and I can't returned, that was about a month ago. But am replacing the rear uppers and lowers anyway when it warms up a little, those bushings are telling me it's time.
Cream? Creak.

That's exactly my findings on wd-40. So many think it is a lubricant, but the emphasis should be on the can't in that word! Noisy car door hinges, it will go away but come back even more dry in a few days!

Yeah I was just looking for a quick solution - WD40 was all I had on hand so I'll be looking into getting some grease applied soon.

Yeah I was just looking for a quick solution - WD40 was all I had on hand so I'll be looking into getting some grease applied soon.
Honestly, I would have done the same thing if if werent for my dad and people on here.:D

Guys, this is kinda crazy,
This past Tuesday, I was drinking around town with the windows down, warmer weather, and my rear left side was squeaking at every little bump.
I caught the the flu and haven’t had a chance to raise her up and check out the issue. Crazy.

Guys, this is kinda crazy,
This past Tuesday, I was drinking around town with the windows down, warmer weather, and my rear left side was squeaking at every little bump.
I caught the the flu and haven’t had a chance to raise her up and check out the issue. Crazy.

Welcome to the club homie. There's been quite the talk about it.

Damn, I just re read my post and LMAO too.
I was driving not drinking and no I was not driving while intoxicated .

Haha... Unintentional but funny to say the least.

Members online

No members online now.
Back