Remote

Imaskurfer2

New LVC Member
Reaction score
2002 LSE V8 with just under 101k miles. When using the remote to unlock the car the headlights flash once and you can hear it unlock but the alarm goes off when you open the door. Hit the remote again and the parking lights flash twice and alarm is off. Started a couple weeks ago sporadically but now 40 to 50% of the time. Remote has a brand new battery. No lights on the dash or CELs. Currently just a nuisance but am worried it will morph into something major. Any thoughts are appreciated as usual.

Sounds like an aftermarket alarm. Stock will not flash the headlights, only the parking lights.

Is it a real alarm or is it just honking the horn? The factory system only uses the horn. Agreed on the headlights not normally being flashed when unlocking. How long do they turn on? 1 second or so? Is your headlight switch set to Off or Auto?

If its a chirping or siren alarm, its not factory

Is it a real alarm or is it just honking the horn? The factory system only uses the horn. Agreed on the headlights not normally being flashed when unlocking. How long do they turn on? 1 second or so? Is your headlight switch set to Off or Auto?

If its a chirping or siren alarm, its not factory
As I said in the original post, the headlights flash once and the locks unlock, but the alarm ( horn ) sounds when you open the door. Hit the remote again and directionals flash twice and the locks unlock. Headlights are always on auto. Have owned the car for 2 1/2 years but this just started in the last couple of weeks. Seems like it's becoming more frequent.

I had some wierd things happen with my alarm when my battery was dying. Check to see if you hold a charge fully.

Members online

No members online now.
Back