2000 ls v6 brake booster

CarguyStve

LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought a car with all the vacuum lines, an coolant lines missing (it was cheap). I have everything back, except the brake booster hose. Could someone please help me.. I’ve looked everywhere an just can’t get this one. The car is ready to get legal an drive after this.

I assume you are trying to get the hose assembly with the check valves in the middle. AFAIK, you can't get one for an LS any more, other than from a junkyard. That said, you can get one for several other Ford cars (best to pick one with the 3.0L V6, but not absolutely required), and then cut or extend the hoses as needed to fit the LS.

I assume you are trying to get the hose assembly with the check valves in the middle. AFAIK, you can't get one for an LS any more, other than from a junkyard. That said, you can get one for several other Ford cars (best to pick one with the 3.0L V6, but not absolutely required), and then cut or extend the hoses as needed to fit the LS.
Thank you so much for the fast response. I have the check valve. I bought it from a junkyard. I’ve read quite a bit about it, but still can’t find a diagram, or just where the hoses run. I have everything but this.

Okay. I misunderstood the nature of the question. I'll see if the gen 1 service manual has any clear diagrams on this tonight, but typically they are not very clear on routing.

On mine (2nd gen, V8), one source hose goes to a tap on the back of the intake manifold, and the other goes to a tap on the intake just in front of the throttle. I think that the point is to get vacuum from the manifold when not accelerating, and from a venturi effect in the intake when accelerating. It should be similar on the V6.

Thank you. I mainly just needed to know where the booster line is hooked to the check valve, where does it go from there? I didn’t know if there was a place I didn’t see, or if it branches off to another line, or 2. My check valve has places for 3 hoses to hook total. I’m having a rough time lol

Last edited:
FA43683B-CD79-412D-BA9E-55BA6FC2DA9F.jpeg
Thank you. I mainly just needed to know when the booster line is hooked to the check valve, where does it go from there? I didn’t know if there was a place I didn’t see, or if it branches off to another line, or 2. My check valve has places for 3 hoses to hook total. I’m having a rough time lol
This is what I have. The large hose goes to the brake booster. This is the check valve I have. but I can’t find places on the intake. I’ll go search again though. And again, thank you so much for the help

Last edited:
...This is what I have. The large hose goes to the brake booster. This is the check valve I have. but I can’t find places on the intake. I’ll go search again though. And again, thank you so much for the help

I think you have that turned wrong. Hose to the booster plugs into the uncapped black tube.
Does this help?

v6-intake-plumbing-jpg.jpg

I believe that’s it! The hoses that run under the intake go to a t, that go to the purge hookup, and the intake of I’m right. I think.

Members online

Back