throttle body

Biever

LVC Member
Reaction score
hey all i have a 2003 lincoln ls and it has a faulty throttle body and can get one from the auto wreckers for $60 bucks or 380 new. Question when i put whatever one on do i need to take it in to get the throttle body calibrated. I see online that you can do this yourself but mechanic said i need to bring it back in or ill wreck it. Can someone help me.

Thanks all

Are you certain that the throttle body is really bad. Most that get replaced are not.
There is no calibration. Just bolt it in and plug it in.

I took it in to a mechanic and he’s saying the sensor is bad and I have to buy the whole throttle body i cannot just replace the sensor

I took it in to a mechanic and he’s saying the sensor is bad and I have to buy the whole throttle body i cannot just replace the sensor

The only "sensor" on the throttle body is the TPS. Officially, it is not available, but actually, it is the same TPS that Ford uses on almost everything. It is replaceable.
The only other thing is the throttle actuator.

so i got a used one from a wrecker now i can just install it and have the unit re-calibrate itself" i have read several posts on having it idle and driving it around so it learns the different idles. Unless there is something else i should be doing

You don't have to do anything. It will take care of itself.

Members online

No members online now.
Back