Convert Gen 1 rear windshield to Gen 2

MsM8tress

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get directions on how to convert a Mark VIII 96 rear windshield to a 97 and reroute the antenna to the windshield and reconnect defrost and if so, could ya point me to them? PS - I searched over an hour before i posted ;) also posted this in audio thread - no one replied with specs. capt fast did let me know that I'd need an oem antenna amp, but I dont know if the oem amp will also take care of the defrost rewiring???

Any information on how to rewire will be greatly appreciated!!

ThanQ!
MsM8

Last edited:
Does anyone know where to get directions on how to convert a Mark VIII 96 rear windshield to a 97 and reroute the antenna to the windshield and reconnect defrost and if so, could ya point me to them? PS - I searched over an hour before i posted ;) also posted this in audio thread - no one replied with specs. capt fast did let me know that I'd need an oem antenna amp, but I dont know if the oem amp will also take care of the defrost rewiring???

Any information on how to rewire will be greatly appreciated!!

ThanQ!
MsM8

The 96 glass doesn't have an antenna in it, as the 96 used a mast antenna. The defrost should plug in no problem.

Ummm, thanks hun... I am putting a 97 rear windshield into a 96 to eliminate the need for an external antenna and need the wiring diagram of ...well probably both for the installer. I've worked to keep Tux, my 96, as visually stock as possible, but the antenna is an eyesore.

I see you have quite the collection! I thought only 95's & 96's were LSCs, didn't know there was a base and LSC version for the 97 & 98s. I've had 1 blue 94, 3 black 95 LSCs, 1 white 96 LSC, and 1 black 96 LSC. I still have the 2 black 95's and the 96 LSC.

Thanks!
MsM8

Sorry, I read that backwards. You'll need to use the antenna module from a 97 to use the antenna in the glass. I didn't know you had that many Mark VIII's now. Are you going to bring one to Carlisle this year?

Hi Bill! It's been a while, hope all is well with you! Thanks for the module info. I wont be doing it so the place I take it too will know what to do. I'll ask prior to going, but I dont want to let them know I don't know and get suckered.

It's been a while since I've taken Tux to Carlisle. Not planning on it, but ya never know ;)

MsM8

Members online

No members online now.
Back