Would these Jaguar "Tobia" wheels possibly fit?

Ivan_D

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a chance to get a pretty good deal on a set of Jag OEM Tobia style wheel/tire combo off a 2011 XJL with lees than 3000 miles. Ive searched this forum all night to check fit (im afraid I know the answer)

The wheels are staggered 19x9 and 19x10. Here is the best info I could find:

Tire Width: 275 & 245
Rim Diameter: 19
Aspect Ratio: 40 & 45
Offset: ET46 ET49
Load Index: 105Y & 102Y
Number of Studs: 5
Stud Diameter: 108
Rim Manufacturer: ATS
Rim Structure: One Piece

I'm pretty sure I would need lower profile tires at the very least...VETS please chime in!

A few people run Jag Vulcan wheels that are staggered 18x8 F and 18x9.5 rear and they fit fine. I don't think the 19x9 will work on the fronts and not sure about 10" on the rear with the stated offsets. Spacers could possibly make it work but I doubt it. I run 20x8 F and R Jag Senta's w/o spacers with 245x30x20 tires and had to do some minor adjustments to stop the front tires from rubbing at full lock.

I had to "yahoo" those rims to see what they looked like. Not too bad looking.

tobia.jpg

Sorry to bring back such an old post, but I just came across this wheels and a search revealed this as the only post about these particular wheels.

These are only the 3rd set of wheels I've seen that I'd personally like to have on my LS. The question is, will they fit? They are 5x108, but if I'm reading this right, the offset is 49mm and it should be something like 38... right? I know nothing about offset and how all those measurements work with wheels. Can you add spacers to fix it, or will they not work at all?

I like silver wheels. I have them on my car, and I feel they make it a bit unique.. I also like polished wheels. Given the choice I'd probably take polished over silver (in this style).

http://bit.ly/N5DUTd - silver... very enticing

capture1za.png

capture2wp.png

http://bit.ly/N5DYlQ - polished... very nice (ignore the price, these are for exchange)

w01.jpg

w06.jpg

Stock offset is +60mm, +49mm offset will will the wheel further out, and +38mm even more. Spacer will only decrease offset, not increases it which most people new to wheel get the wrong idea on. To get a wheel to have higher offset, it has to be pushed into the wheel well more, spacer will not do this obviously.

These are only the 3rd set of wheels I've seen that I'd personally like to have on my LS. The question is, will they fit? They are 5x108, but if I'm reading this right, the offset is 49mm and it should be something like 38... right? I know nothing about offset and how all those measurements work with wheels. Can you add spacers to fix it, or will they not work at all?

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=83591
Read.

Stock offset is +60mm, +49mm offset will will the wheel further out, and +38mm even more. Spacer will only decrease offset, not increases it which most people new to wheel get the wrong idea on. To get a wheel to have higher offset, it has to be pushed into the wheel well more, spacer will not do this obviously.

I said that because discounttire.com recommends wheels that are 19 5-108 40~42. I thought I read somewhere it was 38ish.

Thanks!

Edit: Tirerack is reporting 42 to 53mm offset will fit our car... 53mm is for a 19x8. The Tobias are 49mm 19x9. I think I've found my wheel!

I must come around to this once a year every summer. lol

Alax, I think I FINALLY understand what you were getting at about decreasing the offset. But the spacer would effectively change the offset needed at the same time.

This research doesn't seem to get any easier. lol I just need a set to try.

I must come around to this once a year every summer. lol

Alax, I think I FINALLY understand what you were getting at about decreasing the offset. But the spacer would effectively change the offset needed at the same time.
This research doesn't seem to get any easier. lol I just need a set to try.

I think you still have it reversed. The stock LS wheels are +60mm, this means that from the center of the wheel, which is t 0, the mounting face is +60mm to the outside of the wheel. This +60mm offset will make a wheel sit closer to the car once mounted as apposed to a 0ET wheel or anything lower than 60 . The higher the offset, the more tucked in to the wheel well it will be. The lower the offset, the more it will push out.

Don't think of it as the higher the offset, the further away from the car and the lower the offset, the closer. It is the higher the offset, the closer to the car, the lower the offset, to further away.

If you have a +60mm offset wheel and add a 60mm adapter/spacer, you just made this wheel's offset 0, which will now push your wheel to the outside of the car by 60mm. In other words, spacers give you "-" offset, so you subtract the spacers thickness from the wheels offset.

If a 9.5''rear wheel with a +60ET sits flush with the fender without rubbing and this is the limit, jag STR wheels have this et and width, having an offset LOWER than this with the same width will push the wheel to the outside crossing your limit boundary.

The only way to increase offset or push the wheel towards the car would be to shave some material off of the mounting face of the wheel. So if you have +60ET and you shave 5mm off the face, your new offset will now be +65ET, which will push the wheel 5mm closer to the car.

Play with this calculator so you see how it works if you're more of a visual guy.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.ph...2=19&wheelwidth2=9.5&offset2=46&Submit=Submit

Put a stock 17x7.5 wheel with +60ET vs the same wheel but now with a +40ET to see the difference in positioning with respect to the car and the wheel well.

I asked a lot of car people/tire people about these as I could have gotten a good deal at the time. The answer was that 4 FRONT wheels would have fit my 06 with stock suspension, but not the 19x10 rears.

Actually, these wheels should work. From what I can find, the front wheels have an offset of +49 & the rears are +46. There are a few XF guys running around with these on too BTW. Since Jaguar started using the same XF-based rear hubs across their vehicle line, including the XK & XJ, the wheels have become pretty interchangeable. Makes sense from a manufacturing standpoint as well.

According to my research/calculations, the rears will fit with the right tires but to make sure they don't rub you should roll/cut the rear fenders. If you want to lower your ls with those wheels, you will need to shave 5mm off the back of the wheel to increase the offset to 51, you can also use a little bit wider tire by shaving it down. Using bull's specs on his bbs rear wheels, you can use a 265 tires for the rear, 275 is pushing it, and if you do shave the wheel's mounting face, you can squeeze in a 285 which looks perfect on a 10" wheel to me.

Proceed at your own risk, it takes more work than just buying the wheels and putting them on make these 9''/10'' jag wheels fit. I am in the process of making other similar wheels fit. Do not take my word as a guarantee, I have still not 100% verified but I am close, I have a rear with a 285 tire on it, but no front yet. The rears look promising, eye balling, they will fit, but to make sure, I want to carry 3 ppl in the rear seats, proble is my car is out currently.. The fronts should not be an issue, but maybe at full lock.

...about offsets!

In searching for information so I can make an educated choice for wheels, I came across your explanation.

You "put it on the bottom shelf" :)

Much thx...glad I came across your post. Now I'm off to shop for wheels down a much clearer path!

I'm going to lower the car too, but sadly I'm finding only Eibachs available. The quality is there, sure...but they won't drop the car as much as I'd like, like the brand that is no longer avail I think, Sprint.

Later
I think you still have it reversed. The stock LS wheels are +60mm, this means that from the center of the wheel, which is t 0, the mounting face is +60mm to the outside of the wheel. This +60mm offset will make a wheel sit closer to the car once mounted as apposed to a 0ET wheel or anything lower than 60 . The higher the offset, the more tucked in to the wheel well it will be. The lower the offset, the more it will push out.

Don't think of it as the higher the offset, the further away from the car and the lower the offset, the closer. It is the higher the offset, the closer to the car, the lower the offset, to further away.

If you have a +60mm offset wheel and add a 60mm adapter/spacer, you just made this wheel's offset 0, which will now push your wheel to the outside of the car by 60mm. In other words, spacers give you "-" offset, so you subtract the spacers thickness from the wheels offset.

If a 9.5''rear wheel with a +60ET sits flush with the fender without rubbing and this is the limit, jag STR wheels have this et and width, having an offset LOWER than this with the same width will push the wheel to the outside crossing your limit boundary.

The only way to increase offset or push the wheel towards the car would be to shave some material off of the mounting face of the wheel. So if you have +60ET and you shave 5mm off the face, your new offset will now be +65ET, which will push the wheel 5mm closer to the car.

Play with this calculator so you see how it works if you're more of a visual guy.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.ph...2=19&wheelwidth2=9.5&offset2=46&Submit=Submit

Put a stock 17x7.5 wheel with +60ET vs the same wheel but now with a +40ET to see the difference in positioning with respect to the car and the wheel well.

I'm sure 4 fronts would work without any modifications to the wheels or car. Why don't you just get 4 fronts? There are plenty floating around for sale on eBay.

From my experience, a wheel in about 48 - 50mm offset is pretty darn near perfect. I felt the stock 60mm, while being safe in the performance/functionality department, really didn't help the LS' aesthetic appeal. Throwing an 8.5" wide wheel on with a 48 - 50mm offset gives the car a much sportier/aggressive appearance and stance and still retains full functionality of the wheel's clearance and travel (as long as you're running a tire that keeps the total height close to stock).

Tru - "wheel"ing away the time

My LS with orona jag wheels. 20x9 and 20x10 with similar offsets. They stick out quite a bit. 255 35 20 front, 285 30 20 rear.

IMG_20190805_175730.jpg

My LS with orona jag wheels. 20x9 and 20x10 with similar offsets. They stick out quite a bit. 255 35 20 front, 285 30 20 rear.

View attachment 828573331
Same width and offset, so that's a good match to Tobia at 9"+49mm and 10"+46mm.
A 255/40/r19 and 285/35/r19 would fit nearly identically at 0.01% and 0.45% difference from your setup. Good to keep the info around since older Jag wheels keep coming up and their sizing is pretty similar across a year between models now

Here it is with the Vulcan wheels. 18x8 and 18x9.5. 245 40 18 all around because that's what I had.

FB_IMG_1560903727221.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back