Security issues on a 1st Gen

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone on the Forum know if Forscan can reset Security issues ...I'm trying to help out a guy that has a crank no start issue...its a 1st Gen V8 ...just wondering if anyone has used Forscan to reprogram a Security code? Thanks guys

So you figured out that you are the security issue??? :D
:D Not only does he have priceless knowledge about cars ....but jokes also! Lol It's more than likely the 175A mega fuse, PCM relay, and/or short in a wire :)

Does anyone on the Forum know if Forscan can reset Security issues ...I'm trying to help out a guy that has a crank no start issue...its a 1st Gen V8 ...just wondering if anyone has used Forscan to reprogram a Security code? Thanks guys

PATS ("security") on either gen LS will not allow the starter to run but prevent the engine from starting. If PATS is stopping it, it inhibits the starter too.

PATS ("security") on either gen LS will not allow the starter to run but prevent the engine from starting. If PATS is stopping it, it inhibits the starter too.
Hmmm interesting....his car is cranking over...I wonder if there isn't more to it than just the PATS code 1-6 ...Fuel issue?

PATS 16 can be enough to keep it from starting. Looks like the PCM is not communicating. (PCM failed, no power to PCM, data bus fault, ...)

PATS 16 can be enough to keep it from starting. Looks like the PCM is not communicating. (PCM failed, no power to PCM, data bus fault, ...)
10-4 ...from what i read I'm on the right path...

16 is what I got when a SCT tune upload failed and killed something inside the PCM. It's not exactly an anti theft code so much as it's a general failure code

Members online

Back