primary vs. secondary

smegun

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
secondary chain tensioner issues common enough ...what about primary guides and tensioners any got similar issues getting into the timing chain cover reveals problems ???

so my friend put together a brand new hy performance rig higher compression pistons rings rods but didn't do a new timing chain …. well what happened was terrible but he drives high performance that is twisting 32" meats for those who drive excessive any primary chains or guides go out ??

Primary chains/guides are not a typical concern but you're not going to find any high performance durability info here for the V8. Maybe a 90s/00s Jag racing group

The V6 has a traditional 2-chain setup, not the 4-chain

ive got the 3.9 sport hard enough to find the right timing set... my concern is I have some roughness at low speed throttle and you already know when you hit the peddle its bright but looking into why its so bright like it misses the low end resolution on the peddle and hops right into chirpiness no fun in parking lots or drive by rough .. 3 bar link primary chain (fancy/silent ) on mine these ebay vars are not coming up correctly to confirm the right kit one of the kits drop down is right for vehicle and even contains the sprocket and gears…. have my doubts ….."Timing Chain Kit Fits Land Rover LR3 Range Rover Sport Utility Lincoln LS V8" …. in some respects this might be a bad lean to rich scenario (like MAF) im working on that first o2 mix over ranges could be better

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back