Floor Mats?

thahn1608

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm new to the LS world, but I am already a huge fan.

Picked up a 2002 LS 3.9 and I think it's a Sport, but still digging through the forum to get the specifics on how to tell.

The best part? It has 39,000 original miles and the interior is in mint condition. I'll throw a new coat of paint on her to make it factory fresh.

The only thing I can't seem to find to finish out the car are black floor mats. Any suggestions where I can get originals or OEM like aftermarkets? I don't want to pay $300 at the dealer, but the car is too nice to put in cheap universal mats.

I searched the forum but I didn't see any related posts so forgive me if this is redundant.

Sport deletes the chrome on the bumpers, upgrades to 17" wheels instead of 16, has stiffer shocks, has thicker sway bars, has the +/- shifter instead of the 3/2/1, and changes the shift knob and steering wheel top section to leather instead of wood.

Gen 2 locked the sport trim to the V8

A 2002 LSE would have all of that above description, but with the unique smiley front bumper, color matched flared skirts, and lower rear valance with exhaust cutouts. Basically, a Sport with an appearance package

Gen 1 interior "black" is really a charcoal shade. I gave up on finding original floor mats and found someone letting go of their gen 2 [actual] black mats. I can deal with the color mismatch much better than the hole under my right heel

Im a big fan of Lloyd mats - I use the all weather versions and the colors are great, fit is perfect, and they last forever. The carpet versions are top notch as well. Looks like Auto Anything has them w/ 15% off right now

Last edited:
Sport deletes the chrome on the bumpers, upgrades to 17" wheels instead of 16, has stiffer shocks, has thicker sway bars, has the +/- shifter instead of the 3/2/1, and changes the shift knob and steering wheel top section to leather instead of wood.

Gen 2 locked the sport trim to the V8

A 2002 LSE would have all of that above description, but with the unique smiley front bumper, color matched flared skirts, and lower rear valance with exhaust cutouts. Basically, a Sport with an appearance package

Gen 1 interior "black" is really a charcoal shade. I gave up on finding original floor mats and found someone letting go of their gen 2 [actual] black mats. I can deal with the color mismatch much better than the hole under my right heel
You answered a question I had without having to ask ...I was always wondering about my Charcoal gray interior...because my 2002 LSE said its interior was black but as you know/said its actually more Charcoal ...thanks FDR ...as always you're a wealth of knowledge on the Forum!

Lloyd Mats Velourtex Lincoln LS Custom Embroidered Front Floor Mats (2000-2002) copy and then paste this into ebay search bar.

I have an 05 LS so I have the OEM honeycomb lincoln weather floor mats with logo. So I cant speak for the quality of these but for the price they should be good.

Something like this rubber all-weather? Part # 3w4z 5413086 ba, dark ash it says on the label. Probably lighter than what you're looking for. Bought these years ago for some reason that now escapes me, never used them since they're not the right color for my car... but there it is.

20191229_010920.jpg

Looks like they still have them in stock. Just copy the part number and do a google search and a page for frontier ford usa should come up. These do work on an 03-06 if anyone is wondering as they are the excact ones I have in my 05

I am new to the ls world, but what is the difference between a ls and lse? Is the lse a sport, or what?

LSE is an appearance package. It does not change anything else (power, handling, whatever).

Depending on the year, you could get the LS as standard, sport, premium, or premium sport. Nearly all 2nd gen V8s were sport or premium sport.

Thanks y'all! I have figured out that I have an '02 Sport - not an LSE because it doesn't have the appearance package, but it does have all of the features FDR mentioned for the Sport.

I'm going to work on looking up the various mats you guys listed so we'll see what the best price vs. quality comes out to. I've done a few little things over the weekend to get her in tip top shape so now we'll see where we end up.

I know I'll need to do the brakes soon... It seems that there is a pretty hot topic for what type of pads to use so I'll steer clear of that forum land mine for now. This will be a daily driver/weekend fun car so I know I don't need racing pads/rotors/calipers/etc. I'm just going to put on something that will stop me whenever I feel like stopping.

I have the rather put down LS "super sport". So do I have an LSE or an ls? Is it premium or just sport? Badging can get some interesting fun....

Members online

No members online now.
Back