mark viii muscle car, how is it not??

if you look closer at wickepedia they check to verify facts, askn for more info on a particular item and then state has yet to be verified. its not a list of opinion.but magazines webster encyclopedia etc all say the same.
but for argument,ok its fun but really musclecars died in 73.

Yup 72 was the last year they made the good cars.

Of course it is a muscle car.

I say this because I find it quite comparable to my 1968 Torino GT 428 Cobra Jet I owned a few years back. No one can deny that my Torino was the epitome of a muscle car. That said, the Torino & my Mark 8 are extremely similar in size, weight, length, width, body type and performance in completely stock trim.
http://www.automobile-catalog.com/auta_cmp2.php

I have owned this 93 mark Viii since 2007. I replaced tranny in 08, fixed door actuators in 08, oil filter housing gasket 2011, replaced air ride 2012 water pump in 2012, alternator in 2016. She been a winter car and daily driver runs like a beast with very low maintenance after I learned all her systems. This vehicle may be a LSC, it is definitely a muscle car since for took the intech 4.6 four Cam motor from the Mar and ran it in the 93 mustangs she a runner and a joy

View attachment 828567944

holy cow welcome to 6+ years ago.

Mark VIII still isn't a muscle car by any stretch of the imagination.

:):DLol, I was reading through some old post, that one caught my eye. She is a LSC but I have muscle car fun in her smoking tires, racing them darn 95 impalas and much respect from mustang drivers racing them and from those who know what is under the hood. I'm playing catch up on post reading. Love being a member.

Yeah they cool, I had the 78 Trans Am motor, tranny and column stuffed into a 78 Grand Prix. She was thirsty fun.

I created a new thread about oil filter housing gasket leaking after replacing 18 months ago. Do you know if the bolts can vibrate loose and if so how to prevent that from happening.

I disagree they are very easy to maintain and cheep.
I have about $1600 in my daily driver mark including purchase price. It has a coil suspension rebuilt front suspension new plugs, wires, k&n filter,remote start, great tires, will run as is for probably another 100000 miles with only normal maintenance. Maintenance that any car requires.

+1 very easy to maintain and inexpensive.

Bought my M8 about 4 years ago. First two years, I just changed oil and wipers. The neon light went but at $100 usd, well worth it. The M8 has been amazing. No issues, haven't even had to tune her up yet. She hauls ass like the first day I got her. The only thing I needed to replace was the upper and lower control arms. At 110k miles, I'm not upset to change control arms. I did have a sticking IMRC, and fixed that with some WD40 and 5 minutes of my time.
I met a bmw owner at a tire shop. He had a 2002 and was complaining of all the issues he had replacing many of the on board computers and at that time was trying to diagnose a power lose issue.
FYI his 2002 bmw had 225hp. The 93 M8 had 280HP and in 1995 290HP. 7 years earlier and 65HP greater. My M8 is 4 years older, and I haven't had to replace a single computer. I'm not trying to pick on bmw, just stating facts. Ford was the first to develop automatic headlights and keyless entry, among the first domestic to install HID's, yes on the M8, no less.
So rest assured, the M8 is a muscle car, with innovative features. Those that don't know, haven't driven one. They are the ones often schooled when they come up against a M8. Most likely, they think the car has been "done up", yet the true is, it is a guy like me who paid $1000.00 (with etest and safety) and kept the M8 all stock.

I have found my 93 to be easy to maintain, I rebuilt my tranny just because. I have plans to rebuild the engine as well. I have a 98 town car also. The Mark is my favorite as well as My daughter and grand kids she will be going to get that one year paint code refreshed this spring as well as the exhaust. over all the mark has been my fun and my saving grace. I want to bring her back to original lustre and let people learn about the Mark Viii. Wish I had a steel beam and some stands so I could get her up to speed and let her get lower enough to go under it like the commercial back in 1993.Lol! Wouldn't That Be Fun! :p

I’d take a 73 and 74 Super Duty Trans Am any day personally.

I see a lot here saying it isn't a muscle car. When I said it was, I was comparing it to my 1988 Trans Am GTA. I bought her with a vette 4 bolt main, 5.7 motor, with gear drive that produced 325hp, with a auto trans. digital dash, t-tops and a two tone custom pearl cheery black paint that I couldn't resist. I removed the auto and had a T56 installed. Is this a muscle car?

I ask as I compared driving the GTA to the LSC. Yes I get that LSC stands fr Luxury Sport Coupe. Still the LSC feels every bit of a muscle car as my GTA, just more refined. Comparing automatic to automatic, the M8 is far more fun to drive. Now the 6 speed change, did improve the GTA immensely and I would pick T-tops over a moon roof. Still they feel to me to be in a similar category, albeit, the M8 has many features the GTA does not. This isn't really a fair comparison, as the M8 is 10 years newer.

To me a Mark VIII isnt a muscle car. To me its a personal luxury coupe. I had a 90 LSC SE years ago I did some work to and while I still considered it a personal luxury coupe it had more of a sport/muscle flare.

They gave the mark a very decent power plant. I heard some vehicles in her class had to be supercharged to just to run with her. I Tell people she is a crossover since they used her intech in the mustang.they laugh then they go oh?!? Anyway you slice it Lincoln developed a coup, muscle, luxury, sports car to be recognized for all time.

they are affordable to buy but not affordable to upkeep
If you can't roll the dice do't pay the price , , just don't know where your coming from with that statement your Lincoln has affordable maintence , than a BMW 7 series especially the late modles .

If you can't roll the dice do't pay the price , , just don't know where your coming from with that statement your Lincoln has affordable maintence , than a BMW 7 series especially the late modles .

I with you 100%. I have had mine six years now and only had to replace UCA/LCA and the car had over 100k miles. I recently replaced inner/outer tie rods but only right outer had a bit of play. Yes I replaced the neon ballast but that, wipers and oil changes is amazing inexpensive. Yes i replaced the brakes but not matter what car you will replace those if you drive it.

I with you 100%. I have had mine six years now and only had to replace UCA/LCA and the car had over 100k miles. I recently replaced inner/outer tie rods but only right outer had a bit of play. Yes I replaced the neon ballast but that, wipers and oil changes is amazing inexpensive. Yes i replaced the brakes but not matter what car you will replace those if you drive it.

I am a car guy case closed , I can't understand yes every car has expensive parts even the compact cars , the air suspention on a a late model Jaguar is two times the price of a Mark 8 and it's easier to install , I can't understand why people change over to the coil spring set up it defeats the purpose of the car as far as ride and handling are concerned .

I am a car guy case closed , I can't understand yes every car has expensive parts even the compact cars , the air suspention on a a late model Jaguar is two times the price of a Mark 8 and it's easier to install , I can't understand why people change over to the coil spring set up it defeats the purpose of the car as far as ride and handling are concerned .
I'm with you there too! I wouldn't ever covert to springs. Love the fact the M8 lowers at hwy speed for better aerodynamics. Plus adding the ASHAM8 to adjust the height of your ride at the press of a button is awesome!

Wow, what an ancient thread. Okay, I'll play, too.
It's a GT. Comparable to my Porsche 928, but not quite as sporty or as nimble, despite being close to the same weight. Not what is referred to as a muscle car in traditional parlance.
The GTO was the first muscle car. Intermediate coupe, stuff a big engine into it with a set of gears to do 0 to 60 and the 1/4 mile well. No handling necessary.
The first ponycar? If you go by what they are, that would be the '60 Ford Falcon coupe, which is the platform that the first Mustang was based upon.
When it comes to what is a muscle car, you could very simply say it's a lightweight, stripped down version of an intermediate, as defined by the GTO. However, as the late 60's rolled around, and all four American car companies started dropping in their biggest engines into the pony cars (which were smaller and lighter than the intermediates, perhaps thus making them even more 'muscular' than the musclecars, the defining characteristic started to blur, into what we have today. Is today's Mustang a 'musclecar'? Nope. But is the Shelby 'Super snake' a musclecar? You bet it is.

Or you can just call them all Hot Rods, because whether they are fast from the factory, or fast from made at home, it's all about speed. Got that from mom: 'If it's so much faster than it needs to be, it's a hot rod' which is what she called my '66 Mustang GT when I went and put headers, a Holley on it, and wider wheels & tires. OTOH, when I gave her a ride in my 928, she didn't even know when we had topped 100mph. Mom didn't survive to see my Mark VIII, having passed away at 90 y/o, in her sleep. But she is the one who said to go ahead and buy that first Mustang, when my dad wanted me to get some boring slow vehicle, like a 6 cylinder full size sedan (dad had a long history of hot rods when young, so I guess he was just trying to keep me out of trouble; didn't work, though!).

A very well thought out reply ,I have seen over the years every car maker has claimed to have the first muscle car even Studebaker with the there supercharged Lark , so really I guess power to weight would classifed a car to be a "Hot Rod " Just look at todays cars ... the beat goes on .

I disagree they are very easy to maintain and cheep.
I have about $1600 in my daily driver mark including purchase price. It has a coil suspension rebuilt front suspension new plugs, wires, k&n filter,remote start, great tires, will run as is for probably another 100000 miles with only normal maintenance. Maintenance that any car requires.

Slow mkviii please tell me you have any video on ur remote start ? Thinking about a viper 5900 remote start for my 97’ lsc but is it hard to bypass the anti theft system ? And will everything still feel the same with a after market now/ like the car is initially set up ? Soon as you lock the door and close it the small green “anti lock” tab near the message center is illuminated, is still like that with after market system

I had remote start in my 95 that doesn't have Pats. On a car with pats you just need to get another new uncut coded key and mount it in the dash if I remember correctly for my friends that had remote start the anti theft light still worked

I had remote start in my 95 that doesn't have Pats. On a car with pats you just need to get another new uncut coded key and mount it in the dash if I remember correctly for my friends that had remote start the anti theft light still worked

The better remote start kits have a PATS bypass module. The car has to be programmed for that module the same way as adding another key.

Mount the key in the dash ?

Members online

No members online now.
Back