LSC built-in cel-phone speaker system vs my cel-phone?

Old Blue

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My 95 LSC has a button on the windshield post that asks for a name when it is pushed. I suppose that it is for the cel-phone that was included in some of these cars. There was no OEM cel-phone in the console when I bought it.
Is there some way that I can get my coolpad cel-phone connected to this for hands free use?
Ron

Why not get a cheap pioneer head unit that has Bluetooth use the mic that comes with it and use your regular cell phone?

If there is no way to get the built in system to work, that is what I will do. Thanks for the suggestion.
Ron

Replacing the head unit is the best solution. It certainly is possible to get something that halfway works with the existing unit. There are (or were?) some aftermarket Bluetooth modules that can be wired to the factory radio so that you can hear the call through the speakers. You'd have to add an external microphone and a button to start/end calls. The wiring would be all custom (no adapters sold for this).

There are adapters to add aftermarket head units and the result will be better integrated with way more features (like a dialing directory on the screen).

If there is no way to get the built in system to work, that is what I will do. Thanks for the suggestion.
Ron
I looked into that a number of years ago. no inputs for an aftermarket bluetooth. if the car had the oem phone system, you could marriage a bluetooth system into the oem phone inputs under the backlight bulkhead in the trunk with many trials and tribulations. just to be sure, it is all twenty plus year old technology, but that really doesn't gain you anything. the oem phone was shall we say-cheap.
In the end, I needed to upgrade the jbl speakers and removed the wounded amp in the trunk, so I also installed a 2DIN pioneer unit that has bluetooth for the phone. works seamlessly with a mike up at the inside rear view mirror(for some reason the mirror autodim still works!). I did frankenstein the oem radio mount to the new radio so I didn't have to chop up the dash. the speaker wiring I mated to the plugs for the dead amp. I did retain the antenna amplifier which works out well. and now I have a backup camera system.
one caution...do not let an aftermarket installer shop touch your car. they are at best incompetent. the mark viii electrical systems are truly complex so get a wiring diagram, read the fine print in the service manuals and think you way thru first before you cut anything. worked for me

I basically did the same when my century broke down I pulled my single din pioneer from her and through trial and error ended up using a new pioneer plug end and a scoche fdk106 I think and a metra head unit adapter so I wouldn't mess with anything hell I can put the stock radio in and sell it tomorrow If* the buyer didn't want an aftermarket head unit

Thanks for all the suggestions fellas. The first thing I am going to do is return my new Coolpad Snap phone, which is worthless; try to find a decent cel-phone; then see if I can hook it up through bluetooth to the Power Acoustics PDN 626B mounted in Ivory's dash now.
Ron

I have a Galaxy s10 plus and its wonderful, my old phone was a galaxy s7 edge which was also spectacular if that's any help.

Last edited:
gonna do some swithology stuff and get the dvd functionality back again. I promise not to look at while talking on my cell phone while i drive.

Members online

No members online now.
Back