Headlight bounce and front end clunk.

Bullymong88

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
The front end pops when you cut the wheel either left or right all the way, for some reason the headlight beams bounce a little when we go over a bump or come to a stop, and finally the whole front end clunks when you go over bumps especially speed bumps. I've replaced both drivers side and passenger side outer tie rods and lower ball joints. The tie rod ends are duralast from Autozone and the ball joints are Moog from advanced auto. If you turn up the video you can hear the clunks plain as day the turn signal hyperflash might mask the pop however. And the strobey effect is the headlight bounce my phones camera is really good with low-light performance so it kinda washes it out.

I have no idea why its sideways I'll have to record another one but idk do it sideways or use my gopro but the hero 5 distorts audio slightly

K its 12:30 in the morning we've been running around for the last 8 hours and I'm exhausted I recorded with the go pro and my wife used my phone I had her shoot horizontally hopefully it comes out better

The front end pops when you cut the wheel either left or right all the way, for some reason the headlight beams bounce a little when we go over a bump or come to a stop, and finally the whole front end clunks when you go over bumps especially speed bumps. I've replaced both drivers side and passenger side outer tie rods and lower ball joints. The tie rod ends are duralast from Autozone and the ball joints are Moog from advanced auto. If you turn up the video you can hear the clunks plain as day the turn signal hyperflash might mask the pop however. And the strobey effect is the headlight bounce my phones camera is really good with low-light performance so it kinda washes it out.

check the inner tie rod ball joints inside the steer rack. pop the outer tie rod end off the knuckle and test for play. any slop means renew the inner tie rod. easy peasy. then again, you could have broken lamp housing mount tabs-old plastic dies easy.

I checked the mount tabs only one is broken and its on the passenger side, however it occurs to me i only have two out of three of these posts on the drivers side headlight bulb holder and it didn't have a retaining nut on it, this post came out of the headlight lens that was destroyed in the accident. I pulled this post for the picture so yall know what i'm talking about.
20191223_173621.jpg

Members online

Back