AdvanceTrac problem,,yes,again....

Didn't get a chance yesterday to do anything about the water.
removal will be no fun,especially on the side at the rear fender :(

searching now on removing the black carpet/siding/trim/cardboard,,whatever it is :)

trunk tear down is super easy, start by pulling out the carpeted floor tire cover, one of my LSs had snap in retainers holding it in, the other one didn't, dont know if it was updated, or if the newer one was just missing them

then pull up the rear most plastic trim in the center.

the pull in each side toward the center of the trunk, there will be a could of plastic retaining pins that need to be removed which you can easily see and find.

all said in done, 5-7 mins worth of work, maybe 10 if you are completely new to panel removal.

I didn't climb in the trunk,,,i put back seats down and was somewhat comfortable looking in the trunk :)

i stripped everything out of the trunk,all the covers/liners.

after awhile nothing coming in simulating a rainfall.

next step was hurricane style !!

found water coming in out of hole #1

blocked off #2,,sealed #3,,blocked off #4.

gave full hose pressure for quit awhile and no water ! ??

will see after next rainstorm..

don't know what hole #2 is for but there are plenty more vent holes.

should i start a new thread and ask about this ?

Dang,,pic wont upload.

I didn't climb in the trunk,,,i put back seats down and was somewhat comfortable looking in the trunk :)

i stripped everything out of the trunk,all the covers/liners.

after awhile nothing coming in simulating a rainfall.

next step was hurricane style !!

found water coming in out of hole #1

blocked off #2,,sealed #3,,blocked off #4.

gave full hose pressure for quit awhile and no water ! ??

will see after next rainstorm..

don't know what hole #2 is for but there are plenty more vent holes.

should i start a new thread and ask about this ?

try a picture again !

MVC-221F.JPG

MVC-221F.JPG

well thats a new one...

two thoughts on this.

first, I would make sure the seal around the opening of the trunk isn't messed up allowing water in and able to slide its way down to that point.

second, if water is actually coming OUT of that hole, then you've got bigger problems because water is somehow getting under the top skin of the trunk lid. do you a spoiler other than the lip ones that tapes on?
I wonder if water was getting in through hole #2 and leaking down to that point?

well thats a new one...

two thoughts on this.

first, I would make sure the seal around the opening of the trunk isn't messed up allowing water in and able to slide its way down to that point.

second, if water is actually coming OUT of that hole, then you've got bigger problems because water is somehow getting under the top skin of the trunk lid. do you a spoiler other than the lip ones that tapes on?
I wonder if water was getting in through hole #2 and leaking down to that point?

Sorry,trying to be concise but failed in this attempt i guess.
Yes sir,you picked hole #2 ,,congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!
when i blocked off #2 no more water ingress..
when i saw water at hole #1 i thought the same thing,how was water getting under the skin !!??
no spoiler.
thinking with gravity also having to do with water flow i looked for entry points uphill,,#2 was the only place.
now HOW does it get UP into that hole ??
it is up off the fender and a clear path for it to drain.
i left everything out of the trunk in preparation for next good rainfall.

glad YOU had a couple of thoughts on this because I'M all thunked out !!!

with the hose pounding the wx strip surprised me as it leaked just a very few drops.

more,,,when trunk closed the water ran down the hinge arm,landing between the deep part of the trunk well and the fender well.
that would go with me finding water in both sections.

after reading so much about water and these cars i pulled the door plugs and with compressed air blew them out well.
was a little water in a couple,,not much.
tnx for the thoughts.

On the sunroof drain hoses.........
they are far enough off to the side even if unhooked i cant see them letting water into the trunk well unless the fender well overflows :)

I did, its just difficult to follow. So its getting in the corner of the trunk lid? Its hard to see the picture too; is the paint damaged all the way across where the stripping touches it?

Does the trunk also sit lower than it should so that it's submersed in that corner when parking slightly downhill? Glad you figured it out!

I did, its just difficult to follow. So its getting in the corner of the trunk lid? Its hard to see the picture too; is the paint damaged all the way across where the stripping touches it?

Does the trunk also sit lower than it should so that it's submersed in that corner when parking slightly downhill? Glad you figured it out!

No,,the paint is perfect there.
with the pressure of the hose so close surprised the seal held up so well.
trunk seems to fit as it should.
I park the car on the level.
NOT considering it solved until after the next good rain !! :)
tnx.

Capillary action = the ability of a liquid to flow in narrow spaces without the assistance of, and in opposition to, external forces like gravity

water likes to find its way in to all sorts of places!

maybe water running off of the trunk lid itself and as it goes over the edge its getting wicked in?

Capillary action = the ability of a liquid to flow in narrow spaces without the assistance of, and in opposition to, external forces like gravity

water likes to find its way in to all sorts of places!

maybe water running off of the trunk lid itself and as it goes over the edge its getting wicked in?

Now thats thinking outside the trunk !! :)
like you said about water,,funny stuff..

Water update !!!!

A day and 1/2 of steady rain stopped enough for me to open the trunk.
NO water under spare tire !! :)

however,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the wheel well on the drivers side had water in it :(
last look i had water in there and wiped it out and blew out the sunroof drain connector and glued the hose in.
looking at it there is no water on this side of that black plug the drain hose connects to.
it must be leaking on the OTHER side of the bulkhead.
couple questions.
is the black plug the sunroof drain goes into have a separate piece of hose connected to drain out of ?
Or,,does the water go through and just drop into the wheel well with no drain tube to the outside and drain out a hole ??

Like a redneck, just start drilling a boat load of holes into the bottom of the trunk, make sure to get the wheel wells also.

Like a redneck, just start drilling a boat load of holes into the bottom of the trunk, make sure to get the wheel wells also.

I told you BEFORE !!!
i'm NOT a redneck !
I'm a yankee !!

no more water in trunk so no need for holes there :)
how do i treat the holes in the wheel well so they wont rust ??

are you sure your giving good info here ??

personally, I would fix the original problem not rig to cure the only the symptoms...

personally, I would fix the original problem not rig to cure the only the symptoms...

I would like to fix it properly.
could you answer the question on the drain plumbing routing ?
are you suggesting BigRig is being a Big Dick ??

... not rig to cure the ...

I see what you did there!

... are you suggesting BigRig is being a Big Dick ??

You truely are funny as hell, remind me of that movie Dumb & Dumber,
can't put my finger on it 100% but figure you for the guy stuck frozen to the other dummy when they get off the moped.

jim-carrey-and-jeff-daniels-in-dumb-and-dumber.jpg

First off, "BigRig is being a Big Dick" ... < this is old news, similar to your "I discovered how to disable the seat belt minder chime fellas!" thread.
Second, Try reading more, you would have discovered that A) I am NOT actually 'Nadian B) You have THE ugliest LS on LVC here with that mismatched redneck front bumper cover ... and C) everything you want/need to fix has already been posted.

You bring nothing new to the table other then that bad Redneck typing and spelling. Credits though, you are leaving some room for improvements, which is great!

Pssst: please color match/paint that front bumper cover for me! ... and no more stick-on chrome tape with claims of it being better/best.

I want to like you ... BUT right now I have to go watch a rerun of THE dumbest movie to date just to follow along with you.

GL w/ the water, BTW don't drink it, fish f*ck in it!

jim-carrey-and-jeff-daniels-in-dumb-and-dumber.jpg

Oh man,,,,i read this first thing this morning and have been SO depressed !! :(
took hours before the tears stopped,,haven't cried like that in a long time !

Some time and deep breaths and i was able to get my life in order after SUCH a devastating attack on myself and my car...
i went out and washed the front bumper cover and explained to the car it may have to be painted because Big Dick said so,,car wouldn't go along with it,,said it like being "distinctive" ..
I told it to be nice and give BR a big smile,,so it did..with a tear in it's eye.

MVC-233F.JPG

" First off, "BigRig is being a Big Dick" ... < this is old news "
Sorry,,i haven't been around long enough to realize this as a fact,,but there may be hope for you and you can change...you can actually help people and gain confidence in yourself and be a better person for it if you try..
i wont hold it against you ,,hubris i hear my be hard to overcome but if you work on it i am sure you can try to be nice to people :)
BUT please don't try to start with me !!!
" I want to like you "
there are others that you have probably wronged more that deserve your effort of redemption.

Now !! this i take exception to !!
" bad Redneck typing and spelling "
First: i have told you before,i am NOT a redneck,,born and live NORTH of the mason Dixon line !!
i know being a Nadian steering wheel holder the GPS and CB radio may be the portal to your world knowledge and i can forgive that ignorance..

Second..
spelling ??
are you telling me spellcheck in this forum is incorrect ???
better notify the owner !!

Is this the movie you have to watch twice to understand ??

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109686/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Haven't seen it but it don't seem TO intellectually challenging to need TWO viewings !! ??

In parting i would like to thank you for all your help and info,,has made my life easier but please no more demeaning or insulting comments as i have very easily hurt feelings and am not well liked by the other boy's as it is.

Yours truly good buddy,,breaker breaker,,,,.......
catch ya on the flip flop at the pickle park...

MVC-233F.JPG

Oh man,,,,i read this first thing this morning and have been SO depressed !! :(
took hours before the tears stopped,,haven't cried like that in a long time !

Some time and deep breaths and i was able to get my life in order after SUCH a devastating attack on myself and my car...
i went out and washed the front bumper cover and explained to the car it may have to be painted because Big Dick said so,,car wouldn't go along with it,,said it like being "distinctive" ..
I told it to be nice and give BR a big smile,,so it did..with a tear in it's eye.

View attachment 828472887

" First off, "BigRig is being a Big Dick" ... < this is old news "
Sorry,,i haven't been around long enough to realize this as a fact,,but there may be hope for you and you can change...you can actually help people and gain confidence in yourself and be a better person for it if you try..
i wont hold it against you ,,hubris i hear my be hard to overcome but if you work on it i am sure you can try to be nice to people :)
BUT please don't try to start with me !!!
" I want to like you "
there are others that you have probably wronged more that deserve your effort of redemption.

Now !! this i take exception to !!
" bad Redneck typing and spelling "
First: i have told you before,i am NOT a redneck,,born and live NORTH of the mason Dixon line !!
i know being a Nadian steering wheel holder the GPS and CB radio may be the portal to your world knowledge and i can forgive that ignorance..

Second..
spelling ??
are you telling me spellcheck in this forum is incorrect ???
better notify the owner !!

Is this the movie you have to watch twice to understand ??

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109686/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Haven't seen it but it don't seem TO intellectually challenging to need TWO viewings !! ??

In parting i would like to thank you for all your help and info,,has made my life easier but please no more demeaning or insulting comments as i have very easily hurt feelings and am not well liked by the other boy's as it is.

Yours truly good buddy,,breaker breaker,,,,.......
catch ya on the flip flop at the pickle park...

Are you SURE you aren't a Red Neck, when you drive an LS with a couple of teeth missing? :p

Hey Redneck, I have to keep it short as I'm on the tablet in PA here.
Fun stuff, I'm just busting your balls cuz I get a kick out of it Bud, you leave yourself open I'm taking the shot, try and scroll back bout two weeks when u suggested perhaps u should type slower for me cuz I'm 'Nadian. That's were it started, open season after that. Besides Jrunt doesn't come around anymore so I get bored at times plus reading the same topic in new threads is worth a bullet also.

OK? ..... So please no more tears, I can't stand seeing a grown redneck cry.

BTW, write this down on a piece of paper so as not to forget.
I'm stuck in Canada, want to live in Georgia and I'm Scandinavian born.

Now stop messing around and go read several of my write up because I do actually help around here, might not get it right all the time but Joe is watching me. I mean correcting me.

We learn so much from every one here but u got to search and read before starting new threads.

Any how, I need a bigger Fn keyboard, seriously who invented these tablets!

Advance trac flashing constant.. I finally solved....no codes? you must run a IVD initialization sequence then select YAW RATE/ Lateral Acceleration Calib in IDS

my advance track light is flashing it would just come on after a short start up and just stay on ... ive had the batt disconnected a few times and ive had the pressure transducers backwards that is wrong connector location for a short time ...i never got it to turn off after monkeying with it this time after a forscan its just blinking i erased a lot of dtc's due to imporper battery voltages the only thing left was a p1000 now i got a U code for abs which is manufacturer code some type

Members online

No members online now.
Back