2000 LS v-6 P/N XW4Z-8260-CB Doesn't match with one in vehicle

Bubba 14

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Going to do a overhaul of the cooling system hoses on this Gen 1 v-6. Ordered a Motorcraft KM 5274 as prescribed by Ford parts, Got it from Parts Geek at a decent price. But upon inspection it differs from the installed one in that the nipple coming off the plastic part at a 45 degree angle is a larger diameter than the old one (1inch vs 3/4 inch). Has anyone encountered this before? I am thinking I will have to install a bushing into the hose line to change the size to make it useable, since I can't get an explanation from Ford Parts. Anyone else encounter this?

It's possible that they mistakenly sent you a Gen 2 hose. Pic would help to determine that

I have spent hours scouring the internet looking at different brands of hoses with their specs on I.D's of their fittings. All of them have the larger size on the heater hose connection. Still waiting for feedback from two different parts suppliers on my inquiry but in the mean time I have located the necessary metal adapter fitting on Amazon for 6 bucks. As a last resort I will insert this between the upper hose fitting and the heater hose to fix this issue.

I have seen the heater hose that is 3/4 and one end and 1" on the other. It was sent to me by mistake. I think that is the solution to the changed assembly.

XW4Z8260CB-FRO__ra_m.jpg

MOTORCRAFT KM5274 Radiator Upper Hose | RockAuto

I have seen the heater hose that is 3/4 and one end and 1" on the other. It was sent to me by mistake. I think that is the solution to the changed assembly.
Thank you for that tidbit of information. It has jogged my memory from my old days in the early 2000's as a Ford parts manager and I do remember seeing heater hoses that had a larger diameter on one end. I will proceed with my temporary fix and try to locate one of these revised hoses. Once again, thanks!

Thank you for that tidbit of information. It has jogged my memory from my old days in the early 2000's as a Ford parts manager and I do remember seeing heater hoses that had a larger diameter on one end. I will proceed with my temporary fix and try to locate one of these revised hoses. Once again, thanks!
So after doing more research, the answer was a new heater hose assy. P/N XW4Z-18472-DA. That solved my problem.

Does part number
XW4Z-18472-DA also work on the v8 Gen 1?
From What I can tell the answer is NO, I checked the catalogs I looked at before and this is only listed for the Gen 1 V-6. But I could be wrong. The V-8 has a different cooling system configuration than the V-6.

Members online

No members online now.
Back