Organizing the LS Forum

rgorke

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone thought about having a sticky that organizes some of the more common questions and issues posted?

What I am thinking is that rather than using the somewhat pitiful search function (not a criticism, just an observation) we have a sticky that has certain categories to point people to, such as:

Cooling system: There are 3 or so threads that are routinely used.
Suspension: including...Control arms, options for Gen 2 V8 sport (the whole bilstein jag work), I was even looking for the size of socket for the rear hub nut recently...
Electrical
Oil leaks
Transmission
Even one on basic tools
...when do you really need the "special tool" in the book vs getting another tool to do the job.
I am sure there are other categories, etc.

Of course there is the caveat of someone actually doing it....

Thoughts?

Has anyone thought about having a sticky that organizes some of the more common questions and issues posted?

What I am thinking is that rather than using the somewhat pitiful search function (not a criticism, just an observation) we have a sticky that has certain categories to point people to, such as:

Cooling system: There are 3 or so threads that are routinely used.
Suspension: including...Control arms, options for Gen 2 V8 sport (the whole bilstein jag work), I was even looking for the size of socket for the rear hub nut recently...
Electrical
Oil leaks
Transmission
Even one on basic tools
...when do you really need the "special tool" in the book vs getting another tool to do the job.
I am sure there are other categories, etc.

Of course there is the caveat of someone actually doing it....

Thoughts?
That would make sense ...good idea! Especially for the new LS enthusiast...so many of the same issues come up ...the primary of course is Overheating

Would make the forum a lot easier to navigate, especially for newbs. Could ask specific questions in a designated sub-forum, and would make the collected knowledge amassed over the years much easier to get to. Stickys are great, but you could also see all the threads & posts that went into getting to that point too

And maybe the search box would magically work better too...

I resort to Google advanced search when I need to search this forum and it won't search for 3 letter words (pcm, rem, fem, etc..) or common words. Advanced google search lets me search only this site.

google "[topic] site:lincolnvscadillac.com"

The search here isn't broken, we're just spoiled by current search engines being pretty good at sorting by relevance

Yeah, I know, but I always kinda disliked the whole "Google-the-site" work-around thing

google "[topic] site:lincolnvscadillac.com"

That can actually be a more effective search alternative.

It's actually been mentioned a few times over the years... to make certain topics a "sticky" at the top of the page.

At one point it drew a negative comment about "the powers that be" on this site.

If enough people made the request, it could happen... but there would be alot of material to filter through considering how many duplicate, (triplicate, quintuplet, sextet.............), threads there are.

Members online

Back