2000 Lincoln LS 5spd - Driveshaft

decipha

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have one of the less common 2000 lincoln ls' with the 5spd manual trans. My trans was mechanically locked in 3rd gear 2-1/2 hrs away from my house so I had to disassemble my driveshaft halves to trailer it home using a dolly. In the process I damaged the driveshaft and was curious as to replacements. Im sure I could repair mine but would prefer to just replace the whole assembly with a new unit if they are still available. An aftermarket alternative would even be fine. The car is just a cruiser so no need in anything more than an oem replacement if possible. Its difficult to find much info on the manual trans specific cars as Ive found even parts stores show automatics only. Figured if anyone knew it would be here. Thanks in advance.

Call your local dealer and give them your VIN #. Make sure you are sitting down when they quote you the price.

Junkyards are the next best option. Call around.

Third would be calling a driveline shop if you have one in your area. Fleetpride is the only one I know of close to my area.
A driveline shop may be able to repair your damaged original.

Racing shop could custom fab one... but then you might as well buy one from the dealer. They might also be able to repair the damaged one too.

What is wrong with the original?

Also, you could look for a Gen 1 (1999-2002) Jaguar S-Type 3.0L V6 with a manual transmission. Should be the same parts. Help to expand your search a little. On a side note, if you do go looking for the Jag stuff, it might be helpful to check eBay.co.uk. More manual S-Types were sold abroad than in the US. Might not be so bad cost-wise with Brexit

Members online

No members online now.
Back