Boiling in Degas Reservoir but coolant is 210 F.

Money money money.... and maybe availability.
Okay just for the record I would rather pay a couple hundred dollars for a pump and acuator that a new Head gasket due to over heating the engine so with that being said money doesn't really come into the equation when looking at big picture ...One more question 04' I see on Ebay they have the pump and actuator for sale and some of the ad's say V6 and V8 meaning the hydraulic fan pump and actuator is compatible with both cars? What is your take on this?

IIRC... in a couple past threads, ( LOL ), a couple people here had issues with the Ebay stuff.

And IIRC... one of those issues was the pump not actually coming with the actuator.

There are no hydraulic fans on 04 models. 2002 was the last year for that kludge.

Okay just for the record I would rather pay a couple hundred dollars for a pump and acuator that a new Head gasket due to over heating the engine so with that being said money doesn't really come into the equation when looking at big picture ...One more question 04' I see on Ebay they have the pump and actuator for sale and some of the ad's say V6 and V8 meaning the hydraulic fan pump and actuator is compatible with both cars? What is your take on this?

I found a pump and actuator used of course for $125 is that about what I should spend . .I see they are $800 new of course they're discontinued
Just landed back on this thread. I only want to say to my friend AmsterDutch who helped me on here several times that - hey there sure are a lot of posts on here which all finally lead back to post #21. !! :)

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Just landed back on this thread. I only want to say to my friend AmsterDutch who helped me on here several times that - hey there sure are a lot of posts on here which all finally lead back to post #21. !! :)

Happy Thanksgiving all.
Most excellent! Thanks Heyhewel

I have the LSE back and it's running good...I hooked it up to Forscan and it's not giving me any failures on the Fan readings...however when driving the car around in town and on the highway...the Variable Fan Speed % doesn't fluctuate at all ...it's staying steady at 9.68% is this normal...I flushed all the old Mercon V out of the reservoir again and I do see the fan is moving normal ...My LS isn't overheating at all so I can't tell whether the fan is going to turn to full power...frustrating... my transmission Tech said he couldn't hear it running on High when the car overheated on him ...never thought I would say this but I'm almost wishing the car would overheat so I could hear the fan... :)

For some reason I didn't get notifications for recent posts.

Yeah... $125 seems about right. You could let it sit idling with the A/C on and see if the fan picks up speed.

Remember... it's cold out now, so not as much fan is needed. You'll have to wait for a warm(er) day to see what happens.

For some reason I didn't get notifications for recent posts.

Yeah... $125 seems about right. You could let it sit idling with the A/C on and see if the fan picks up speed.

Remember... it's cold out now, so not as much fan is needed. You'll have to wait for a warm(er) day to see what happens.
You're right it is Winter ...that same thought ran through my mind ...I was thinking I will be fine with the temps in the 30's or 40's and then when summer hits I will be wishing I bought the actuator/Pump...I will go ahead and purchase it ...prolly not a bad Idea to have a spare on hand anyway...Thanks for the response 04'

forscan with 1st gen is harrowing so far … the t stat housing is the highest point I put coolant in turn it over a few cycles and put more in otherwise it gets hot too fast and goes into limp mode the thermostat is a big stiff one maybe overkill the top gets hot too fast id like to use that heater circ motor to do some work but its opposite it always on till someone hits the AC and they get stuck open circuit .. your hot air after first run thing is cold system takes time to open up where does that leave the little motor

forscan with 1st gen is harrowing so far … the t stat housing is the highest point I put coolant in turn it over a few cycles and put more in otherwise it gets hot too fast and goes into limp mode the thermostat is a big stiff one maybe overkill the top gets hot too fast id like to use that heater circ motor to do some work but its opposite it always on till someone hits the AC and they get stuck open circuit .. your hot air after first run thing is cold system takes time to open up where does that leave the little motor
SMEGAN ....Every time you post something it's like your language is Coded...not following you but I always try

Well he's definitely not doing the system bleed correctly... and he still has a couple leaks to fix too. One of them is the elbow that bolts to the block, (as of a couple months ago).

Members online

No members online now.
Back