Performance Chip yay or nay

No, it's a fraud. These so called chips are a bunch of unused junk circuits to look good, and one $0.01 resistor (seriously, that's all they cost). The resistor wires in with the IAT (intake air sensor). It fools the PCM into injecting a little more fuel for a short while. After that, it figures out that something is wrong and reduces the fuel amount again. Maybe by the power of suggestion, you will think you are getting more power.

If you want the real thing on the LS, there are no chips to add or change (same applies to most/all cars theses days). Instead, you need to get a FLASH programmer with some "tunes." SCT is the only one I keep hearing about for the LS.

I use SCT for mine and I think it's much peppier. You can also turn off the speed limiter, the rear o2 sensors, and with my custom tune it actually shifts much much faster under performance settings (WOT), etc

I just got an SCT4. Very nice, easy to use. Have my shift too hard, will lighten that up and reprogram. The added fuel at Wide Open Throttle and Spark Advance, this thing is amazing! Getting less bogging down and more power.

I notice the Speed Limiter is off, I've hit 133 before, but wondering what the top speed of a stock V8 LS is without governor. Don't really have enough highway to try it where I live.

On level ground, the top speed is still somewhere between the stock governor (135ish) and stock V-rated tires (149).

Gen 1 Sports didn't have a governor

Members online

No members online now.
Back