05 Lincoln ls windows

Why None of my windows will work on my 05 Lincoln ls can anyone help me with this

• Checked fuses

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Changed master window switch

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Cferrell160

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My windows will not work I have checked the fuses. They are good I was told that there is no way that all the regulators would stop working at the same time. Does anyone have any advice

Did you check the other switches?
Do the motors make any noise? Do the lights dim for a second if you try to roll them up?

You checked (with a meter, not just visually) fuse 22 passenger side fuse box, fuse 19 in the trunk, fuse 20 in the trunk, fuse 30 in the trunk, and the SSP relays?
Is anything other than the windows not working? Are you sure they all stopped working at the same time? When was the last time that each of them was used?
If you hold down the unlock button on the remote (key off) for a few seconds, do any of them open?
Does your moon roof work?

You checked (with a meter, not just visually) fuse 22 passenger side fuse box, fuse 19 in the trunk, fuse 20 in the trunk, fuse 30 in the trunk, and the SSP relays?
Is anything other than the windows not working? Are you sure they all stopped working at the same time? When was the last time that each of them was used?
If you hold down the unlock button on the remote (key off) for a few seconds, do any of them open?
Does your moon roof work?
I can push the door lock they only lock half way I don't know which ssp relay would work the windows all other fuses are good

Did you check the other switches?
Do the motors make any noise? Do the lights dim for a second if you try to roll them up?
Yes there is none of them work. The motors does not make any noise at all the do not dim

My windows will not work I have checked the fuses. They are good I was told that there is no way that all the regulators would stop working at the same time. Does anyone have any advice
Turn the key to the Run position, but don't start the car. If the fuse is blown, pushing a window button will do nothing at all: The motor won't groan and the glass won't quiver. If the fuse is good and you can hear the motor, or the glass acts like it wants to move, then you've got some sort of mechanical problem...

Turn the key to the Run position, ...

The windows on the LS work just as well from the accessory position, and that has less things powered up and making noise.
One of my complaints with the Hyundai is that the windows only work on it from the run position.

The windows on the LS work just as well from the accessory position, and that has less things powered up and making noise.
One of my complaints with the Hyundai is that the windows only work on it from the run position.
Whoops Yeah I meant accessory position ...thanks Joe

try each individual window door control. next pull off the drivers door master door switches and check for power with a DVOM, Sounds more like a power issue. is there a kiddie window stop set? Let us know what you find.

Only getting power from window switch from the driver's side. But no power from other windows switch on the driver's side need advise

The driver's door window is powered and controlled by the DDM. The other three windows are powered and controlled by the REM.

The driver's door window is powered and controlled by the DDM. The other three windows are powered and controlled by the REM.
Was this changed for Gen 2? Gen 1 fuses list the FEM for the front passenger window (REM for rears and DDM for driver). Gen 2 lists the front motors together but doesn't specify a module. Maybe something about the express up/down on both sides? I can look at the wiring diagram later

So, it's a little more complicated

The REM enables/disables the front passenger window switch.
The DDM commands global open/close to the front passenger window smart motor
The master window switch commands the front passenger window smart motor as well.

The FEM does not appear to have any involvement with the windows.

Members online

No members online now.
Back