REAR STABILIZER SWAY BAR END LINKS AND REAR TORQUE TIE RODS

Thank You!
Much like properly torquing lug nuts, and installing cotter pins; skipping jam nuts won't immediately cause a failure but it WILL.

I learned this the hard way. I forgot to install a cotter pin in my buddy's front outer tie rod end in his town car. It's a taper fit at about 30 ftlbs so those things don't just come apart. Stupid, stupid mistake.
Guess what? Came apart while he was driving. Luckily he was going slow and got the car off the road without any damage.

Thank You!
Much like properly torquing lug nuts, and installing cotter pins; skipping jam nuts won't immediately cause a failure but it WILL.

I learned this the hard way. I forgot to install a cotter pin in my buddy's front outer tie rod end in his town car. It's a taper fit at about 30 ftlbs so those things don't just come apart. Stupid, stupid mistake.
Guess what? Came apart while he was driving. Luckily he was going slow and got the car off the road without any damage.
I appreciated your advice yesterday ...thanks

Dutch,

You got a wife and kids... right?
Yes I do...I just couldn't for the life of me figure out how that bolt was going to turn but after Joe circled where the bolt could turn I started to realize that it could 9ver timr turn loose due to not locking into anything to prevent the bolt from turning ...Aldo Oddball made a good point with QuikLS not yo mention my Supervisor did his broke on him once on a truck he had...I left a pretty nasty review on the Amazon site and the company emailed me and asked what they could do in order to help the situation...I emailed them back and said for starters fix your advertising and dont say they fit a 2000-2006 Lincoln LS when they clearly don't ...hopefully I get my money back

Ok Dutch... what I am about to say... I say because I care!

On the first page... in the next to last pic... I see a jack... but no jack stand or tire underneath the vehicle as a safety!?!?

WHAT IN THE FLYING FUCK ARE YOU THINKING??? JACKS FAIL, AND FAIL WITHOUT WARNING! EVEN NEW JACKS!

HOW TRAMATIC WOULD IT BE FOR YOUR WIFE OR KIDS... IF ONE OF THEM CAME OUT AND FOUND YOU UNDER THE CAR WITH YOUR SKULL CRUSHED??? REALLY???

Think about it man. Your kids would be without their dad. Your wife would struggle to support them... and if you don't have life insurance, they could end up penniless.

I used to get on my sons ass about that all the time. It finally sunk in after a year or so.

Please don't do that anymore. No shortcut or timesaver is worth dying for!!!!!!!!! I understand being frustrated and in a rush... but it's STILL not worth the risk.

Ok... all done. We good???

Ok Dutch... what I am about to say... I say because I care!

On the first page... in the next to last pic... I see a jack... but no jack stand or tire underneath the vehicle as a safety!?!?

WHAT IN THE FLYING FUCK ARE YOU THINKING??? JACKS FAIL, AND FAIL WITHOUT WARNING! EVEN NEW JACKS!

HOW TRAMATIC WOULD IT BE FOR YOUR WIFE OR KIDS... IF ONE OF THEM CAME OUT AND FOUND YOU UNDER THE CAR WITH YOUR SKULL CRUSHED??? REALLY???

Think about it man. Your kids would be without their dad. Your wife would struggle to support them... and if you don't have life insurance, they could end up penniless.

I used to get on my sons ass about that all the time. It finally sunk in after a year or so.

Please don't do that anymore. No shortcut or timesaver is worth dying for!!!!!!!!! I understand being frustrated and in a rush... but it's STILL not worth the risk.

Ok... all done. We good???
Yes we good! And I am guilty as charged ...not yo having no jack stand under the car but probably having it underneath the differential
:( yes its frustrating replacing a part four different times due to sellers incompetent ass :/ But I will place two stands underneath the car next time ...I appreciate your time and post...as they say ...thanks gor sharing but more importantly thanks for caring

They might want the parts back... and since they have been "modified" that could be an issue.
I'm sure you're right ...but I was thi king after that email and review I left ...I'm not the only one who had the fear of God put in me

Hey. No big deal, (but it could have been).

I had a close call at a junkyard over the summer. Had to get a Bronco off the ground to get some parts off the front axle.

No jack stands for miles... so the loader operator came over with the forks... so I could stack rims and tires under it.

I don't know if the loader operator bumped the steering wheel or what... but all of sudden the loader moved... and the Bronco started sliding
toward me!!!

Fortunately... my cat like reflexes kicked in... otherwise I could have been crushed between 2 vehicles.

Thing was... I was thinking ahead, and anticipating something like that happening... and was not getting under the vehicle.

If there's 2 words that have stuck in my head over the last 20 + years... it's "pinch points".

Now say it out loud with me 10 times:

PINCH POINTS
PINCH POINTS
PINCH POINTS.....

You get the idea... but if you train yourself to think about it... you will start looking for them. Hands, legs, feet, body.

PINCH POINTS
PINCH POINTS

Knew a guy years ago that was trying to line up 2 holes to put a bolt in. About the time he stuck his finger in the hole to check... the pieces shifted and he lost part of his finger.

PINCH POINTS
PINCH POINTS
PINCH POINTS

Anything man made has no soul. It doesn't give a rats ass about you or anyone else.

Ok... now I'm done. ;)

If there's 2 words that have stuck in my head over the last 20 + years... it's "pinch points".

Now say it out loud with me 10 times:

PINCH POINTS
PINCH POINTS
PINCH POINTS.....

You get the idea... but if you train yourself to think about it... you will start looking for them. Hands, legs, feet, body.

PINCH POINTS
PINCH POINTS

Knew a guy years ago that was trying to line up 2 holes to put a bolt in. About the time he stuck his finger in the hole to check... the pieces shifted and he lost part of his finger.

PINCH POINTS
PINCH POINTS
PINCH POINTS

Anything man made has no soul. It doesn't give a rats ass about you or anyone else.

Ok... now I'm done. ;)
I really need to invest in a lift lol! ;)

Yeah... me too. I just don't have any more room in the garage.

Been looking at the portable mid rise open center versions that can be stored out of the way when not in use... but I don't even have a place to store them.

Yeah... me too. I just don't have any more room in the garage.

Been looking at the portable mid rise open center versions that can be stored out of the way when not in use... but I don't even have a place to store them.

I have a real 2 post lift and my son in law has a Snap-On portable lift that goes up around 3 feet. The thing to understand about the portable lift is that they don't provide you with any access below the car, since their design is to use that space under the car as scissor action linkages. All you can really do is tire changes and brake work, possibly front shocks and springs, not too sure about the rear shocks though.

The one great thing that I used that portable lift for was for when I dropped my engine out to swap it. The portable lift was used to receive the engine, steering, front lower suspension, transmission and radiator subassembly which was cool because of the extra lift that the portable provided for when it was time to unleash the K frame bolts, rather than directly letting it come down to the floor. In the end, it was overkill, but the thing worked pretty well for that job. Outside of wheels and brakes, that portable lift really has limited usefulness. And man is it heavy!

The thing to understand about the portable lift is that they don't provide you with any access below the car

Then what your son has is a different design than what I'm talking about... probably like this:

Portable Car Scissor Lift, Atlas TD6MR 6,000 Lbs. Capacity, 110 Volt

Notice I said "open center" mid rise lift. Something like this:

Bendpak MDS-6LPF 6,000-lb. Capacity / Mid-Rise Scissor Lift / Open Center / Flush Mount

With this you can do almost anything a 2 post arm lift can do... since the vehicle is raised by the frame rails. Exhaust work, transmission R&R or service, suspension work, driveline work... along with wheels and brakes... etc. 42" lift... and up to 46" width.

This is just one example. There are less expensive... and more portable versions available.

At this point I just want to get off my knees... especially in the winter.

04 Sport, nice! Never heard of those things, and yes, you did show me the one that my son in law has. That open center one reminds me of a 4 post lift in the way that it works.

They might want the parts back... and since they have been "modified" that could be an issue.
Good News! The company didn't want the bad review...100% Refund back in my bank! A little bit of retribution for all my trouble...going Rock Auto from here out!

20191102_132538.jpg
20191102_132525.jpg

I did decide to upgrade my rear sway bar links ...those Amazon parts were much to slim I think ...went with something beefier and thicker ...also has grease zirks on them ...checked on the Lateral links and they are still nice and tight after shortening them up...I feel better knowing that everything is nice and tight

Members online

No members online now.
Back