How long could my Lincoln Ls last 1LNHM86S73Y705510

Hassan

LVC Member
Reaction score
7EC02846-9B51-42BD-B7D7-735942682F08.jpeg
I have a 2003 Ls v6. I drive it once every 2 weeks and do oil changes every 6 months. How long could the engine last? Could the timing chain or any other engine component break in the near future and destroy the engine? The car was maintained extremely well all it’s life. Does leak small amount of oil. Oil pan gasket needs to be replaced. I have already done valve cover gaskets. I’m fairly new to the forums I apologize if I posted in a wrong spot. Thanks.

The LS is one fine machine. You have a beautiful car. I believe you took care of one problem which is valve cover gaskets. Oil tends to leak on plugs. I do know the cooling system can be a problem. Make sure to service it regularly, and if it needs parts and seals replace before you do have problems with cooling efficiency. Keep up with routine maintenance and you will not have any problems at all. Oil changes are the most important. The way you take care of that, the engine will be squeaky clean. I run either semi syn. MotorCraft or Pennzoil full synthetic, I change it every other yr. because I only drive my car in the summer. Oil no matter the type degrades over time, its little insurance and simple to do to stop future problems.

Last couple years I've really followed the LS section and learned a lot from all the members.

Others will chime in shortly.

Happy Cruising.

View attachment 828573016 I have a 2003 Ls v6. I drive it once every 2 weeks and do oil changes every 6 months. How long could the engine last? Could the timing chain or any other engine component break in the near future and destroy the engine? The car was maintained extremely well all it’s life. Does leak small amount of oil. Oil pan gasket needs to be replaced. I have already done valve cover gaskets. I’m fairly new to the forums I apologize if I posted in a wrong spot. Thanks.
The V6 and the V8 are set up a lot different from I have learned while on the Forum ...they both have there own little quirks ...keep an eye on your EVAP hoses like any car they can become brittle. The Lincoln LS V6 3.0 PVC Valve location
is down under the intake manifold. The intake manifold must be removed to get to it. This vehicle is known for developing a vacuum leak in the elbow hose that connects to pcv valve...By all means I'm not saying your part will fail on your LS just keep an eye on it...

The LS is one fine machine. You have a beautiful car. I believe you took care of one problem which is valve cover gaskets. Oil tends to leak on plugs. I do know the cooling system can be a problem. Make sure to service it regularly, and if it needs parts and seals replace before you do have problems with cooling efficiency. Keep up with routine maintenance and you will not have any problems at all. Oil changes are the most important. The way you take care of that, the engine will be squeaky clean. I run either semi syn. MotorCraft or Pennzoil full synthetic, I change it every other yr. because I only drive my car in the summer. Oil no matter the type degrades over time, its little insurance and simple to do to stop future problems.

Last couple years I've really followed the LS section and learned a lot from all the members.

Others will chime in shortly.

Happy Cruising.
I am learning thank you all and very very great content

Thank you! Your information was very helpful I’ll definitely keep an eye out for the PCV. I use motorcraft oil and filter and I try to use genuine parts whenever I replace anything. I am planning on restoring the car to factory condition. It looks great in person but it needs some paint correction, might get the rims redone. I know it’s not worth it but It has sedimental value to me. My grandpa had bought it for me when I got my license many years ago. I plan on keeping it forever and pass it down to the next generation in my family. Just hoping it last that long lol.

Nice car, I have the 01V6 215k 17 years ownership. If you have hydro fan pump. change fluid every year without fail. Just suck out all you can and replace, no need to bleed. The pcv hose connectors were crap in my car, caused much trouble. replace them with rubber hoses, put 1/4 hose inside a 1/2 hose glue together with rubber cement, good to go! Rubber and plastics are the issues, another is the DCCV valve for heat. Piece of crap, but they are cheap now. Use magnum valve cover gaskets if you don't want to do them again and again. replace the plastic hoses with rubber all of the plastics will crack. Home Depo and Lowes are your friends here, make new better parts. Many inexpensive cars use the same parts, Ford trucks and Taurus too.
Most parts have part numbers on the side, lincoln cost $$$, ford cost $, same part. You get the picture, the internet is your friend so is Ebay. Best of luck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back