Deeper centercaps w/ Lincoln star logo for Konig wheels?

nightfly

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I put some nice runlite 10 spoke gold anodized wheels on my ivory Mk 8, but the center caps aren't deep enough to stay on the wheels; they pop off. So I need deeper centercaps. Also, if anyone knows, are centercaps available with the Lincoln star on them anywhere? Or will I have to make them myself somehow?

Are you sure the center caps aren't hitting the spindle
They hit what appear to be the dust caps, the rounded part that sticks out, so yes, I suppose that would be the end of the spindle parts. It's not by a lot, 3/8" would clear it easily.

What I did to my center caps
I used the mill and rotary table

20151029_192821.jpg

Thanks! The caps that came with the wheels are too thin to grind any material out of them, so I've just been driving without the caps. I was thinking of painting the area of the wheels where the caps cover, matching color to the car. But some sort of new caps would probably look better.

You're talking about this place? http://www.thecustomwheelshop.com/

Yes
Call theme explain your problem .
Hopefully your center cap is the same size as theres.
Probably have on hand the size of your cap too.

I put some nice runlite 10 spoke gold anodized wheels on my ivory Mk 8, but the center caps aren't deep enough to stay on the wheels; they pop off. So I need deeper centercaps. Also, if anyone knows, are centercaps available with the Lincoln star on them anywhere? Or will I have to make them myself somehow?

They might have those on 4wheelonline. Check them out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back