Turn signal relay

Bullymong88

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So I'm replacing all the turn signals and brake lights with leds, I've ordered and received everything but it dawned on me that I have no clue where the relay is, and I've searched through the forums and no one is clear as to where its located for the 97 model, and apparently the location is different for different years, so once again any help is appreciated.

Well, I searched but could not find anything being identified as a relay within the cd workshop manual, though I might've overlooked it. However, something tells me it might be alongside the steering wheel column by the ECU and/or ODBII connector.

Nonetheless, I've attached the diagnosis & testing PDF.

In any event, here are some threads where others had the same idea and the hurdles they had to overcome.

Mark viii led light help!!!!
Help No Turn Signals where is relay
slowing mark viii turn signal down

2012-07-07_210549_tilt1.gif

97%20Mark%208%20Front%20Turn%20Signal%20Diagram.jpg

I hope this helps!! Good Luck!!

Attachments

• Mark VIII Turn Signal Hazard Lamps.pdf
    933.1 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
I've been through those threads however you make a great point I hear the clicking the loudest near the wheel thanks that really helps especially the diagrams.

OK so I swapped out the both brake lights on both sides the amber and mini bulbs up front and wow they were bright, no missing that car at night when turning or in the middle of the day for that matter. Then coincidentally the battery dies before I get a chance to show my lady, its her daily after all. So I pull the battery and charge it next day same thing dead AF, so she flips out thinking its the LED's and no matter how many ways I explain how LED's draw less voltage and amperage than a traditional bulb its no dice. Now yesterday she's at work with the stock bulbs back in its dead again luckily one of the girls at her work was able to jump it off, I replaced the battery today I figure it was the cold snap that just hit us, so should I put the LED's back in or nah?

That's up to you. I don't see any way that they would increase battery drain (even if they glowed a little all the time).
Thanks baby the reply I think I will this weekend when I put the front end back together, I finally got everything but the bumper and the grill which the grill should bolt up to the new header panel no problem, and I'm gonna drift stitch the broke off bit of the front bumper back together, no use cutting the zipties just to swap out bulbs.

Members online

No members online now.
Back