ECU/PCM software fails

solarys

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi, has anybody expereice ECU update keeps failing? I took my 2K10 MKZ to a Ford dealer for service. Per dealership, the ECU/PCm needed to be repalced.

$1100 later, the vehicle was returned fixed. A few days, later I went to use my cruise control. Ther cruise control failed to turn on, so I took the vehicle back to the dealer.

Now the dealer tells me there is an issue with latest Ford ECU/PCm software. Mind you, this issue is about a month old.The vehicle currently has a DTC code of P1639, which relates to the ECU/PCm. Keep getting, "we are trying this and that".

What gives, has anybody expereiced this type of issue in the past. Any/all suggestions are welcomed. I have complained to the dealership and Ford.

Hi, has anybody expereice ECU update keeps failing? I took my 2K10 MKZ to a Ford dealer for service. Per dealership, the ECU/PCm needed to be repalced.

$1100 later, the vehicle was returned fixed. A few days, later I went to use my cruise control. Ther cruise control failed to turn on, so I took the vehicle back to the dealer.

Now the dealer tells me there is an issue with latest Ford ECU/PCm software. Mind you, this issue is about a month old.The vehicle currently has a DTC code of P1639, which relates to the ECU/PCm. Keep getting, "we are trying this and that".

What gives, has anybody expereiced this type of issue in the past. Any/all suggestions are welcomed. I have complained to the dealership and Ford.
I'm dealing with that issue right now. My 2000 LS is in the dealership and they're telling me the update keeps stopping halfway through. Already at 700 bucks and nothing new. They put another pcm from my parts car that was running fine but now it's failing to update as well. I'm starting to get a little angry now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back