Hit and Run - police are trying to identify this make of car

looks like grille and running light 03-05.

Grill and fog light (not running light) from a non-LSE. Of course, this is assuming that these parts were left behind from the hit-and-run, and not from some accident earlier in the day.

If you read through the article comments, it appears a CL ad for a 2004 LS in that area showed up that is "unusually coincidental". Hopefully officials have located the driver...

If you read through the article comments, it appears a CL ad for a 2004 LS in that area showed up that is "unusually coincidental". Hopefully officials have located the driver...

My daughter goes to school down there at UNCW and goes to that Walmart. I called the police and a "detective" on the case. Sad to report, this guy was real zero and if that is representative of the officials investigating this crime, I feel sorry first for the kid killed but for society in general. Trying to sum up my take on this guy is tough, but I have to say he was disingenuous but not pretending to be. He genuinely was callous and clueless. It took about 2 minutes of banter to even get him to establish which case I was calling about. How many hit and run fatalities do you have on (Sunday 9/29) in Wilmington? He said, "You'd be surprised". Is this guy for real? Population is 119K.

Anyway, they still believed the car was a late 90's Buick (as of my call on 9/4). He asked if I did it?? and asked if I knew who did it. Telling him the type car the parts are from and the grill orientation in the picture was wrong, didn't even seen to phase him. WTH? I volunteered information that the car was low volume production and certainly many less on the road and even less registered in Wilmington. I suggested a certain leads that may be extrapolated giving the car in question. Seriously, how many of these can be resisted in the area (just to begin looking)? Sure it could be an out of towner but you never know.

My daughter goes to school down there at UNCW and goes to that Walmart. I called the police and a "detective" on the case. Sad to report, this guy was real zero and if that is representative of the officials investigating this crime, I feel sorry first for the kid killed but for society in general.

Anyway, they still believed the car was a late 90's Buick (as of my call on 9/4).

Telling him the type car the parts are from and the grill orientation in the picture was wrong, didn't even seen to phase him. WTH? I volunteered information that the car was low volume production and certainly many less on the road and even less registered in Wilmington. I suggested a certain leads that may be extrapolated giving the car in question.

Wow - just Wow.

There was a link in the article to a news station - maybe worth contacting them as well?

Apparently the department is getting tons of info being sent regarding it being an LS. If they can't figure it out with that, there's nothing we can do. Hopefully it actually brings it to the right person and isn't just some coincidental debris

Members online

Back