2. 41oKbpw7ayL._AC_SY400_.jpg
  3. 31nCz1GX9DL._AC_SY200_.jpg
  4. 31-Myv0U-AL._AC_SY200_.jpg
  5. 31UPx9t1WUL._AC_SY200_.jpg
  6. 31zouun1mhL._AC_SY200_.jpg
  7. 31CaE8jOctL._AC_SY200_.jpg
just_heart_save._CB465530200_.svg

$ 136 41

I'm intermittently getting the P0420 code...so I'm wondering if anyone e has opinions on these cats Evan Fischer brand .. .not a big fan of this brand but the price is right for sure...Thanks in adv to anyone who chimes in...

I recently (last year) replaced my cats the whole kit and caboodle was I believe 350$ it was either walker or magnaflow I’ll see if I can find the receipt from the purchase
Just found it got them off thmotorsports.com 321$ magnaflow part#23936

Last edited:
I recently (last year) replaced my cats the whole kit and caboodle was I believe 350$ it was either walker or magnaflow I’ll see if I can find the receipt from the purchase
I'll check them out ...Thanks ...By the way how do they sound? Are they nice and quiet like the originals?

Last edited:
This is what I found on that website...Looks like the price went up...Did you get everything in the picture below?
14261296_128_30.png
Magnaflow 23936 Direct Fit Catalytic Converters[/paste:font]

Manufacturer: Magnaflow
★★★★★
★★★★★

14272495_0.jpg

14386302_250.jpg
06400147_250.jpg

Sale Price $514.01
Starting at $48/mo with Affirm. Learn more

In Stock (25)
Usually delivered within 2 days
package.png

Free Shipping
PART NUMBER: 23936

I’d say they sound about the same maybe a little throaty but nothing crazy, it definitely doesn’t sound like you have no cats or an aftermarket exhaust. And yep that’s exactly what I got the only reason why I bought them was for the price. otherwise I’d probably have no cats rn lol. The price was extremely low I have a hookup at a parts store and this price was better than what they pay for the part.

Automotive exhaust.com has it for 359$

I’d say they sound about the same maybe a little throaty but nothing crazy, it definitely doesn’t sound like you have no cats or an aftermarket exhaust. And yep that’s exactly what I got the only reason why I bought them was for the price. otherwise I’d probably have no cats rn lol. The price was extremely low I have a hookup at a parts store and this price was better than what they pay for the part.
Thanks for great lead! Magnaflow is a trusted name and this is what I'm leaning towards ...So this is the price you paid?

Thanks for great lead! Magnaflow is a trusted name and this is what I'm leaning towards ...So this is the price you paid?
I paid 321$ and no problem good luck getting them installed tho what a PIA it was for me.

I paid 321$ and no problem good luck getting them installed tho what a PIA it was for me.
They are on SALE for $514.01 why or how did you get them so cheap? They say there direct fit ...What made them so difficult to replace? Just trying to get a one up here...if you know what I mean...Should I use a lift?

They are on SALE for $514.01 why or how did you get them so cheap? They say there direct fit ...What made them so difficult to replace? Just trying to get a one up here...if you know what I mean...Should I use a lift?
Idk last year that’s the price they were selling them for I guess. As far as the install goes, the inner bolt on the driver side is the main PIA to get off and on. to remove the cats from the car you should unhook all the exhaust hangers on the whole exhaust pretty much dropping it all to the floor. Keep in mind the cars almost 20 years old bolts are seized clamps won’t loosen up the bolts going to the headers are definitely the hardest part you should soak them in PB blast soak everything in that stuff for as long as possible have a torch ready. The studs on the headers came off with the nuts I just used random bolts I found to screw back into the stud holes on the header on the passenger side. on the driver side I attempted to reuse the stud and nuts but turned out the inner stud was bent or twisted and not allowing the new catalytic converter to tighten up to the header causing an exhaust leak it took me a lot of trial and error to figure this out I ended up removing the studs and using bolts like I did on the passenger side. If I had a lift at my disposal it would have probably made the whole process a lot easier doing things on your back with only a foot or so of clearance under the car makes everything harder. To install the new setup everything has to be put together and Installed all at once than you can connect the existing exhaust back in to the new setup. One of the exhaust clams on the existing setup wouldn’t loosen I had to break it off I initially replaced it with that ubolt style clamp that ended up being an exhaust leak so than I replaced it with that band style clamp which has been working great.
378FBEBE-C205-4581-B21A-4352D09D8540.jpeg
629D575F-1ADF-4648-B390-C866D32D07F6.jpeg
996EFE9F-46E7-43D1-8DC2-4B5664333096.jpeg

Idk last year that’s the price they were selling them for I guess. As far as the install goes, the inner bolt on the driver side is the main PIA to get off and on. to remove the cats from the car you should unhook all the exhaust hangers on the whole exhaust pretty much dropping it all to the floor. Keep in mind the cars almost 20 years old bolts are seized clamps won’t loosen up the bolts going to the headers are definitely the hardest part you should soak them in PB blast soak everything in that stuff for as long as possible have a torch ready. The studs on the headers came off with the nuts I just used random bolts I found to screw back into the stud holes on the header on the passenger side. on the driver side I attempted to reuse the stud and nuts but turned out the inner stud was bent or twisted and not allowing the new catalytic converter to tighten up to the header causing an exhaust leak it took me a lot of trial and error to figure this out I ended up removing the studs and using bolts like I did on the passenger side. If I had a lift at my disposal it would have probably made the whole process a lot easier doing things on your back with only a foot or so of clearance under the car makes everything harder. To install the new setup everything has to be put together and Installed all at once than you can connect the existing exhaust back in to the new setup. One of the exhaust clams on the existing setup wouldn’t loosen I had to break it off I initially replaced it with that ubolt style clamp that ended up being an exhaust leak so than I replaced it with that band style clamp which has been working great.View attachment 828572833View attachment 828572834 View attachment 828572835
Wow I commend you for your work and give you an A+ for effort ...This is worth bringing to my Mechanics ...he allows me to buy the parts and just charges me for labor...looks like a lift is in order for this one....Thanks a Million for the info ...and I'm sure my wife would thank you too....you just saved her from hearing a thousand cuss words ;)

Keep in mind the cars almost 20 years old bolts are seized clamps won’t loosen up the bolts going to the headers are definitely the hardest part you should soak them in PB blast soak everything in that stuff for as long as possible have a torch ready.

A daily soak for about a week with PB when the exhaust is hot... and also when the exhaust is cold... should alleviate the need of a torch.

I did this with a frozen EGR tube... and it came right apart when cold.

And as an obvious caution... don't oversoak when hot, or you may cause a fire. :eek:

Keep a fire extinguisher handy just in case.

Members online

Back