Reaction score
maybe someone has the Lincoln ls set of tools they don't use anymore
cam lock tool
harmonic dampener tool
spring compressor for tappits and keepers
plug adaptor for air compressor

I mean I have a harbor freight harmonic puller
think paypal
im looking at the process 80 steps to glory but concerned about locking the cams and getting the timing back after

303-530 looks to be the Jaguar part number for the AJ timing lock set. The Ford kit might be OTC 6680. 2 cam flat bars in the Jag set, 1 in the Ford, cam gear wrench, and flywheel pin lock. Sometimes it's just a cam bar by itself though. Some time in the past I saw rental services, no idea where though

im looking at a nice site exactly Lost? doesn't show the crank pin maybe diff on gen 1 was concerned

might be my bad thought you slid a pin in to isolate the crank maybe that is for the flywheel

might be my bad thought you slid a pin in to isolate the crank maybe that is for the flywheel

There is a lock for the flex plate to keep the crank at the right position. It is detailed in the linked manual.
What does "litter" refer to?
Have you resolved the oil pressure problem?

ive seen a vid for later models to do a phaser lockout with a chain wedge also I just remember something about putting a pin in place to maintain the timing and I hanvnt found the link again putting a drill bit of the right size in a hole what is the red one and what is the green one

thanks nothing heavy yet locking up the cams enough ...after I take off the chains and remove the head something better than just at 6 oclock ?

crans.jpg

303-530 looks to be the Jaguar part number for the AJ timing lock set. ........... Sometimes it's just a cam bar by itself though.

The shop manual (above Deneau link) gives the part numbers. Duh...
303-530 = cam aligner
303-532 = cam tensioner tool
303-645 = flywheel/flex plate lock/crank aligner

don't have a hoist I have ramps think I can get the crank pin in I assume I take off the flex plate window cover im still looking at this if I can line up the timing afterward It looks like I can do this job...there is a vision of a strap wrench to get dampner off also ... but if I have a key in the flexplate? ...I hate those cheesy strap wrenches the last time I did one I took out the radiator and used a 600 lbs air tool and hammered it off I did have a brace 2x4 with bolts and a cheesy harbor freight harmonic puller used the original bolt to pry against this is not near as deep as the truck one I took off im looking a guy who used a fabricated bar against one of the appliance mounts …. the 2002 aj-v8 doesn't have quit the same setup a lot of this is true im feeling a little depressed about having to take out some of the appliances A/C etc...

Last edited:
You will damage the flex plate it you try to use the locator plug to hold the crank while removing the damper. The plug needs to not be installed while the damper is removed using a strap or chain wrench to hold it.

All this will be a waste if you have an oil pressure issue.

very good I havnt changed the cooler yet hard to find there appears aftermarket type ... oil is new and coolant only did a dtc test of the vehicle when it started to knock and gave me the red oil light of death the old oil isn't really milk shake but it has swirls and some contamination my coolant levels have been the noms im just not seeing the valve knock from just an oil change something else happened like did it get hydrolocked after I flushed it how should I go about checking for the oil problem needs a bib ...the cooler popped through ?

Last edited:

Members online

Back