98 MARK VIII LSC SPRING FEATURE CAR FOR SALE

Don Zeilstra

New LVC Member
Reaction score
As most of you know ...in the Spring of 98 they painted 117 Marks in metallic GOLD. All 117 were to have been base models. Ours is an LSC and slipped through and was painted gold.
This means ours is one of a kind.

Our Mark has been advertised off & on over the last 10 years or so. Since a Ford executive
said in '99 that it should be worth what we paid for it, the ad price started at $45K. We got very little interest. Meanwhile she sat covered in storage off & on for over 12 years. Driven less than 250 miles a year. The Ford Museum in Dearborn expressed interest however they would like it donated.

Now is the time to sell it. I have no idea what price to put on it. She has 73K miles on it but is almost showroom quality. Not a scratch on nick on it. Everything runs perfect.

We will accept offers over $20K for the next several weeks and take it from there.

Feel free to email or call with any questions. We & the Mark are in Pinehurst, North Carolina.

Don & Betty Zeilstra 910-215-0004 or dzeilstra@nc.rr.com

Having trouble posting photos. Meanwhile email me for pixs

Last edited:
its not the only one.
Jamie cut one up a few years ago.

There is supposed to be about 40 LSCs out of the 117 SF cars.

springfeature004-jpg.jpg

springfeature009-jpg.jpg

As most of you know ...in the Spring of 98 they painted 117 Marks in metallic GOLD. All 117 were to have been base models. Ours is an LSC and slipped through and was painted gold.

Our Mark has been advertised off & on over the last 10 years or so. Since a Ford executive
said in '99 that it should be worth what we paid for it, the ad price started at $45K. We got very little interest. Meanwhile she sat covered in storage off & on for over 12 years. Driven less than 250 miles a year. The Ford Museum in Dearborn expressed interest however they would like it donated.

Now is the time to sell it. I have no idea what price to put on it. She has 73K miles on it but is almost showroom quality. Not a scratch on nick on it. Everything runs perfect.

We will accept offers over $20K for the next several weeks and take it from there.

Feel free to email or call with any questions. We & the Mark are in Pinehurst, North Carolina.

Don,
Its a nice car but I'm sorry to tell you its worth $7k at most. It is not one of a kind and there is nothing really special about it. Not any different from a regular LSC except for the gold color, which is not desirable. The mileage is also very high. If you really want to sell it then post it for a reasonable price. Or else you should keep it. I would not listen to some Ford guy who said its worth what you paid for it. It is clearly not or else you would have found a buyer by now. Good luck with the car.

I know this one's not that exact color but I would let it go for 3,850

IMG_20191022_220818.jpg

IMG_20191022_220724.jpg

IMG_20191022_220606.jpg

IMG_20191022_220645.jpg

I just got my Lsc for 800$ lol I would love to have the color of spring featuring tho but but for price torenado red it is ! owner I bout from thought he had junk , 1 car wash later I found treasure paint is immaculate with pin stripe from the factory - directional star wheels

Members online

No members online now.
Back