red oil light

smegun

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
got a first gen 200 Lincoln sport I got done with a brake booster job motor running like usual just a fine appliance tick tick ...my oil was a little moo cow I assumed I got some water in the system with the wiper parks out there is a lot of problems with water and wiper parks but I was careful during the operation its just I wanted to treat the car to fresh as it might be residual I flushed it with a cup of berrymans B-12 let it run for 6 min let it drain and put new oil and filter in when starting it up it gave me a red oil light and started clacking away above the fine tick I shut it down and made sure I had 6 quarts but still have a red oil light on the dash what else is the red oil light good for...

oil pressure ? I have no dtc's or engine light after an inspection I did have a p0351 bank 1 connector loose which I remedied and my cluster gage states im in the middle of the temps but the scan tool states I have a hot coolant problem but its a cheapo scan tool wondering if its gage is reversed or that the car has more than one coolant sender that doesn't show on the cluster ?

red oil light ?? a Prescott for coolant temps ??

Last edited:
got a first gen 200 Lincoln sport I got done with a brake booster job motor running like usual just a fine appliance tick tick ...my oil was a little moo cow I assumed I got some water in the system with the wiper parks out there is a lot of problems with water and wiper parks but I was careful during the operation its just I wanted to treat the car to fresh as it might be residual I flushed it with a cup of berrymans B-12 let it run for 6 min let it drain and put new oil and filter in when starting it up it gave me a red oil light and started clacking away above the fine tick I shut it down and made sure I had 6 quarts but still have a red oil light on the dash what else is the red oil good for...

oil pressure ? I have no dtc's or engine light after an inspection I did have a p0351 bank 1 connector loose which I remedied and my cluster gage states im in the middle of the temps but the scan tool states I have a hot coolant problem but its a cheapo scan tool wondering if its gage is reversed or that the car has more than one coolant sender that doesn't show on the cluster ?

red oil light ?? a Prescott for coolant temps ??
Where did you add the Berrymans B-12? Did you add it to your gas tank or crankcase?

choco im debating and waiting to see if the my coolant level drops enough to tell me that my fresh oil is being contaminated havnt got out of driveway yet lex it appears clean and new since I changed it for the few dtc checks ive done but I do have a red oil light is that for pressure ?

wiper parks are split my year wondering if that 2004 will fit my gen 1

when it was running rough didn't know I had a little marvel in it before the break booster vacuum job ...it sat waiting for the breaks there was no noticeable in the cam area of choco milk or loss extremes of coolant but it doesn't take much …

Last edited:
The red oil light (there is only a red oil light) is for no oil pressure. It has no other meaning.

think ill find a wad somewhere like behind the oil cooler because I took the pan off once to get to the pick up screen actually to find a piece of permetex I droped doing a secondary cam tensioner job I found the little strip of permetex but didn't really cure my vibration problem ….I putsyed for awhile thinking my eth was coming from the brake booster and or a vacuum In fact the booster had failed and left me a totally stuck break pedal stiff all the way fwd with the booster hissing something was burning in the back of the motor it still was running but having intermittent viscosity like problems ...I blamed the salesmen quite a few times that someone stretched a piston but it had a moment or two of clean driving and with proper breaking so I thought I had it licked until the last oil change …..during flushing the system it ran like it was running when I first test drove it without klack just a tiny bit of appliance tick like one of the pulleys or what in this engine is common for like a tiny diesal click

im looking at the blow up for the oil cooler and pump it appears I can get to the oil cooler relatively easy if I can find or pull the part but the pump itself looks to be behind the timing cover and etc etc …

cracked a spring ? ive been working on a push rod motor so im having difficulty associating the point of fault

im looking at the blow up for the oil cooler and pump it appears I can get to the oil cooler relatively easy if I can find or pull the part but the pump itself looks to be behind the timing cover and etc etc …

cracked a spring ? ive been working on a push rod motor so im having difficulty associating the point of fault
"If the heart of an automobile is the engine, then the heart of the engine is the oil pump, pumping engine oil to lubricate moving parts, remove waste heat, and drive hydraulics. On many older vehicles, an oil pressure gauge in the instrument cluster gave a visual indication of actual oil pressure, usually topping out at 50 to 60 psi. Most modern vehicles, though, have done away with the oil pressure gauge, replacing it with a simple low oil pressure warning light, which illuminates when oil pressure drops below 5 to 7 psi.

Generally-speaking, if your vehicle is equipped with an oil pressure gauge, it should never dip into the red zone at the bottom of the gauge. In case your vehicle is only equipped with a warning light, then it should never come on while the engine is running. If the gauge drops into the red or the warning light stays on, stop driving immediately and shut the engine down.Insufficient oil pressure will quickly lead to expensive engine damage."
I could be wrong but I think it's safe to say your engine needs some serious attention by a professional Mechanic that has worked on the Lincoln LS for many, many years.

whats common to break down during oil viscosity break down I can see the blow up of removing the timing and heads but is it a head problem or does the motor need replacing to get to the piston connecting rods and bearing and mains ….

Sounds more like a bad low oil pressure sender. I've only run into a red oil light once in my life....and it was the sensor that had failed. If you put 6 quarts of new oil in, and the oil pump still pumps, you should have satisfactory oil pressure. None of that says anything about the bearings though.

Last edited:
sensor effected by a low state and berrymans b-12 ??? I put 5 in fresh and new filter and the light eventually populated i put another quart in and it is staying on maybe a stored dtc thing but there are other concerns klacking yea could be my luck that was going to go went but im investigating a proper investigative procedure on the oil bleed

:rolleyes:

popcorn (1).GIF

had it running after a brake booster job I decided to treat it to some oil and new filter ..after the oil change job it gave me the red oil light of death !!...thought it might of just went to oil cooler hell but there was no oil in the coolant or visa versa this time …. I found this in the pickup screen (pic) I guess it got flushed down into the pan and the pickup is fairly small and cupped it was all in there like a little snake :/ ... someone doesn't like me not that its the things i say during crampus quarters or it was possibly the used car guy who had a poor choice of mechanics they sent it in for a degas bottle it came back worse thumper .....still seems to have a smokey leak at the rear of the motor minutely dripping on the exhaust I can see some green antifreeze drips on my o2 sensor ….ive been looking at the degas bottle all this time unaffected it must be coming from the head / engine jacket ?? seems to run ok so far its after a brake booster job there is vacuum again !! is it time to do a head gasket job or ?

WP_20191020_11_50_30_Pro - Copy.jpg

Looks like a piece of shop rag. Good you got it out. No more red light???

Green antifreeze drips are probably cooling system leaks at front of engine, going under intake manifold, and dripping off back of engine.

no dtc's no red engine oil light only a couple trips around the block though temps are normal to an extent I was under the beast again on some ramps I got had my hand up on the cam cover area ...there was some oil dam if I havnt replaced those cam covers 4 or 5 times last time new gasket and used a inch pound torque wrench thought I had it …. feeling around underneath is a place you can test the cover bolts in the back drivers side the one closest to firewall was loose on the corner ??? may have got the oil drip but I think I have a bad head gasket cause its a little tea pot back there also up to temps on test drives ...when I say im on the verge of normal temps its 101 Celsius on the obd2 scanner and the needle is dead in the middle but I think im too hot as to produce steam or its making steam via hot spot .....doesn't appear to be water in oil or visa versa degas bottle looks the same … from the engine block? ... im going to take out my thermostat I have a replacement my fears are that it may be faulty.??? ... head gasket tea kettle at gaseous pressure ??
tell me what you think

lincolncleanedupalil.jpg

after a summer cleanup about halfway there on the clean thing not near show room a few scratches to cover with some factory paint might help experimenting with mothers back to black ….

Members online

Back