Hello - 1995 Mark VIII LSC here in Illinois

amarine1

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm new to the forum (I am the administrator/owner of the Chrysler Sebring Convertible Club @ www.sebringclub.net). This is my weekend drive / car show car. This is my second go around with a Mark VIII (the first time was a 1997 LSC about 10 years ago that had a bunch of problems).

This 1995 LCS has 75,550 miles. It is literally in almost pristine condition (no rust anywhere, especially the under carriage). All 100K maintenance was done 3 months ago & just put on Michelin Defenders. Only change to the car was the stereo (2 days ago, I put in a 1 DIN - NAV/Bluetooth/DVD with a 4.5" screen - and I'll be installing a backup camera next week... it mounts to the license plate so no new holes in the car). The only issue is the "airbag reset" error comes on when I start the car (and all I do is press reset).... the thing is, there is no error (I have new sensors to install sometime in the next month).

I'd say this car is (on the Haggerty scale of 1 to 5) is a solid 2.5. The pics below I took coming from California through the Grand Canyon & then to Illinois. I have to be honest, I have never seen a Mark VIII this clean or unmolested (the undercarriage and engine compartment look almost new).

Anyhoo, I look forward to being a contributing member of this Lincoln forum. And a quick question, if you had seen this car for sale at some time - what is the most you think it is worth (in other words, if this car was a Mecum or Barrett & Jackson auctions - what do you think it would go for)?

file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

Nice Lincoln. You will enjoy that one. As for what it would sell for ive seen people list car like that for practically nothing to totally stupid. What do they SELL for? Anyone’s guess.

Nice Lincoln. You will enjoy that one. As for what it would sell for ive seen people list car like that for practically nothing to totally stupid. What do they SELL for? Anyone’s guess.

Thanks. I figured that the price would vary..... (Haggerty says $5,900 to $9,000) for one in my car's condition. I'm planning from going from State Farm over to Haggerty's insurance (so one needs to have a price to come up with that will buy another car in the same condition).

amarine1 welcome to LVC. Really like the Mark a lot. You might want to look at becoming a member of Lincoln and Continental Owners Club LCOC. They can source hard to find parts through their market place. Members have meet and greets in your regions. I've been a member since 2015. It costs $48.00 a yr. You get a magazine, also good ad rates for members, cruise ins, and best of all you get Ford X-Plan discount on any new Ford or Lincoln vehicle. The more popular the model the more $ you save. Members have seen savings from $700.00 to $7,000.00

Mark 8 Addicts are another great membership with other Mark VIII owners. They are from California but still its a great way to meet new people who can also give you insight on your car. https://www.mk8addicts.com/

Temple Performance and Super Coupe Performance are other sources for you. Super Coupe Performance Parts
Home

Let us know if you need anything, keep us updated on your Mark!

amarine1 welcome to LVC. Really like the Mark a lot. You might want to look at becoming a member of Lincoln and Continental Owners Club LCOC. They can source hard to find parts through their market place. Members have meet and greets in your regions. I've been a member since 2015. It costs $48.00 a yr. You get a magazine, also good ad rates for members, cruise ins, and best of all you get Ford X-Plan discount on any new Ford or Lincoln vehicle. The more popular the model the more $ you save. Members have seen savings from $700.00 to $7,000.00

Mark 8 Addicts are another great membership with other Mark VIII owners. They are from California but still its a great way to meet new people who can also give you insight on your car. https://www.mk8addicts.com/

Temple Performance and Super Coupe Performance are other sources for you. Super Coupe Performance Parts
Home

Let us know if you need anything, keep us updated on your Mark!

Thanks for the links and for the response.

So, with Covid-19 ruining most car shows (cancelled), the Lincoln has been rarely used this year. I was able to add R134a to the A/C & it is now running great. 2 slight problems have cropped up tho.

1. The Idle is going askew "sometimes". When it is over 85 degrees outside, the car starts up & idles fine. After a while, the idle starts going to 1500 rpm. When I drive, the high idle continues. It then goes back to normal. And then increases again.
So, I've looked up this issue 9 ways from Sunday - and I can rule out the Intake (it has not been removed or cleaned).... but the IAC and the TPS is another issue. I am looking to remove the windshield wiper cover to gain access to the IAC. Then, if not resolved - I'll replace the TPS. I'll also clean the connectors (and I might even replace the connectors). I am hoping I am not one of the few Mark VIII owners that go down a high idle "rabbit hole" that doesn't resolve (and gets frustrating). Does this sound like the way to go?

2. The drivers side window (power window) is jittering going up and going down. It wants to grab the window, but slips. I have to push the window up when I engage the switch, and the same thing going down. Has anyone seen such a problem and if so, what did it take to resolve?

And I added another car to my stable.... a 1972 Mercury Cougar XR7 convertible (another survivor that looks beautiful that has zero rust).

1. Good action in cleaning the IAC and TPS. That should resolve your issue.

2. It sounds like its a window switch. Check this out: Switch City USA in Brockton MA. Phone: (508)-580-5200 They repair any switch for any vehicle. So if yours are acting up send them out to get refurbished.

Also here is a parts supplier list I had composed of awhile back: Here are websites for Lincoln parts and supplier info This should help you out too.

Let us know if there is anything else and need help with.

Sweet stable addition. The XR7's are cool.

Members online

Back